How to communicate with Ur patients?

How to communicate to your pateints? Recently, one of our doctors came to me and said that he was getting calls after he posted a video about his services in the highly competitive cardiology. So, what makes some videos or posts get Super response and other posts don’t get a response? There's only one reason - You're not giving what the patient wants. See, We as doctors are repositories of knowledge and some times get too technical and cant communicates in patient's form. I call this curse of knowledge. We want to communicate more and more about the disease but the patient wants someone who can give a great experience to him. The question now is how do we communicate. The answer is simple yet powerful-Stories Your patients are not logging onto social media looking for your information expertise. They are logging into Facebook looking for stories. Stories about their friends, Stories about their colleagues. Different, Different stories. So, here's the secret to master communication - Tell stories about their problems and solutions just like a "Trusted Friend" would do. When you do that, they would like, comment, and engage with your video or post just like they do regularly. And, Social media websites will reward you because you are giving a great experience to the audience. I helped my friend Dr. Sanjay with a small video on before and after Angio for treating his heart attack that got viral recently. We are humans made of emotion and stories are the best triggers of emotion. Even all our mythologies like Ramayana and Mahabharatha have been continuing for thousands of years because someone told them like stories. They survived without books, computers through mere words in the form of a story. I have a WhatsApp Class coming up next week which will help you in creating the stories that will help you in communication. Say hi to me on draleemdiabetes@gmail.com Let me know if you want to be noticed by typing "Stories" in the comments Aleem "Stories" Mohammad

16 Likes

LikeAnswersShare
I have worked as govt medical officer for more than25 years and now as general Physician for the last 10 yrs during this I never think about my communication towards my pt is good or bad. I was only concerned by his or her disease and treatment and better ment of my pt. I think I did well and never heard about communication skill to get extra attention. During our medical collage days we were taught about communication in social and preventive medicine but I never practice it. If you concentrate you work with honesty and dedication I promise you all you need will get with little bit of experience and hard work.
Absolutely Agreed Sir

View 8 other replies

Congratulations! Your case has been selected as Case of the day and you have been awarded 5 points for sharing the case. Keep posting your interesting cases, Happy Curofying!
Patient needs expertisve,sympathy and empathy.
Thank you doctor
Stories
Nice share
Thank you doctor
Nice share
Thanks @Neelam Sreemani mam
Agreed

Cases that would interest you