DR SEPURI KRISHNA MOHAN ENDOCRINOLOGIST SELF VIDEO ON COVID 19

Dear my friends and fellow Colleagues, Good morning all. The admins of Curofy had requested me to prepare a Video on COVID 19. You find the link below. Please go through my Video and share your valuable feedback and suggestions. Regards and thanks, Dr Sepuri Krishna Mohan.

12 Likes

LikeAnswersShare
Thanks Dr Sepuri Krishna Mohan for sharing your experience about COVID- 19. You have touched all the aspects of the disease.Your expertise in all specialities,is a guidance to all curofians. Certain complications which can happen in a COVID patient are the cause of increased mortality of this disease. This includes mild , moderate or severe pneumonia, ARDS , Sepsis , septic shock, associated cardiac emergencies. In such cases- ICU care is needed .Initially one can start high flow nasal catheter oxygenation (HFNO) or non - invasive mechanical ventilation as it has less chances of aerosolisation.But if in 1-,2,hours patient 's condition do not improve or deteriorate, tracheal intubation and mechanical ventilation should be started .Fluid should be restricted even in these complications as dry lungs,are happy lungs except in septic shock and only crystalloids should be used. Thanks
Valuable opinion
Thank you for a Very comprehensive presentation. I hope in the next 2 months, some concrete modality of management will surface , either in the form of vaccine, or specific drugs . The fact that Covid 19 infection is lower in 3rd world countries is attributed to the routine BCG vaccination in immunisation protocols in these TB infested countries , opens speculation about the efficacy of BCG in preventing or modifying COVID 19 infection . What are your impressions in this regard ? I will be happy to have your views .
Dear Krishnan, These are all speculative things only. No vaccine can come before couple of years, because it needs to undergo lot of Animal and Human trials. By then it virtually becomes useless because the virus undergoes Genetic Mutations, COVID19 is like a cunning jackal. As far as BCG is concerned you are correct. Regarding medication, I think it's not that easy in the next 2 months. Any way thanks a lot for watching the Video. Regards and thanks, Dr Sepuri Krishna Mohan.

View 2 other replies

Excellent Dr.Mohan.. When head is high for the student commanding oratory....teacher has no option to bless such divie diciple.
Thanks a lot dear Guru Jee. It's all your blessings dear Guru Jee.
A very valuable and informative post
Thank you doctor

View 1 other reply

Kudos
Valuable opinion
Congratulations! Your case has been selected as Case of the day and you have been awarded 5 points for sharing the case. Keep posting your interesting cases, Happy Curofying!
Valuable opinion
Much Informative sir

Cases that would interest you