1.Describe the findings 2.what could be the aggravating factor. 3.diagnosis and differential diagnosis.

6 Likes

LikeAnswersShare

Dear Doctors Very good participation from all Dr Chandrakant, Dr Satyajit, Dr Dipti have made an attempt to describe the lesions, this is what I wanted. From all the discussion we had We all can learn that, it's possibility of contact dermatitis, prolonged exposure to Water dirty muddy water and detergents. Secondary infection of candidal intertrigo can be seen. I would have been happy if anyone would have asked for history, occupation and duration of lesions which is very important to arrive at a diagnosis ruling out all the differential diagnosis discussed by all. These are Important in dermatology. She is maid, her work is washing dishes and clothes mainly, gardening. Dr Dipti & Dr Satyajit brought out some out of the box Thinking in aggravating factors and differentials which shows clinical interest.

Thanks for such activities sir...... Its really helpful to learn many new things.....

View 2 other replies

Finding - xerosis, hyperpigmentation, areas of epidermal breech. Suggest chronic recurrent inflammation. Aggravating factors - exposure to soap, water, irritants, jewellery D/d - chemical dermatitis, irritant contact dermatitis, tenia incognito. I would consider chemical dermatitis as lesions are extending in mid palm.

Can you please further clarify on lesions and dds?

Findings - Reddening of the palms of both hand particularly at the base of the little finger and thumb. Reddening of the Leg. Aggravating factors - Pregnancy Hepatitis Cirrhosis of liver Hypertension Rheumatoid arthritis Dx- palmer erythema D/D- erythema multiforme, Cutaneous lupus erythematous Palmer erythema

Housewives' Eczema or Dermatitis Cumulative effect of occupational & various chronic ACD, ICD, Fungus, Water etc

Allergic dermatitis with secondary infection, allergen is aggravating factor, d/ d- Tinea, cellulitis .

Contact dermatitis

Taenia manus et pedis. exclude contact dermatitis. ...

tinea pedis .soap & mud water causetive factor d/d Leprosy?.

DD CONTACT DERMATITIS CHELBLANES AGGRAVATED BY COLD WEATHER

contact dermatitis

Load more answers