10 yo girl with this type of episodic presentation ,saying loss of vision and recognition during episode ? please suggest dx and rx

6 Likes

LikeAnswersShare

I think details of history is must in this case. I agree with the differetial diagnosis of a seizure disorder but young female patient with such presentation could also be a case of conversion disorder

I was thinking in this line too

View 4 other replies

It can be a variant of Petit mal epilepsy ... so to confirm n ruke put ... go for Eeg ... n note spike n wave 3 per sec .. typical of absence attack ... n then if req go for NRI brain .. for any space occupying lesion .... or start treatment with sntiepiletic Med ... di valproate ... n note the improvement or effect n then u May add new one ...that is what I think n hos I handle ...

Thanks sir

Hyperventilation syndrome ? Eeg to rule out seizure disorder

Thanks sir

Firstly you need to rule out neuro infection. Once this is done and EEG is negative, a diagnosis of pseuseizures can be made. Treatment as necessary with a Psychiatrist's help would be appropriate.

Thanks sir

Functional?. Adv EEG to exclude epilepsy

Thanks sir

Voluntarly doing. Hysterical conversion reaction. Ref to clinical psychologist

Serum Na cl k,EEG,cbc,papilloedma check ref to opth,spo2 past history neurosis conversion ,seizure breath apnea episode details ...

THis video does not show when she encounters loss ofhh loss of vision.Besides comversion reaction it may be attention seeking in nature.thorough introspection is needed.

It is depressive psychosis. Refer to psychol

CONVERSION REACTION

Load more answers

Diseases Related to Discussion