Concluded Case

10 yr boy c/o lesions over nose and periorbital region since 2 months despite taking full treatment course. Multiple new lesions keeps on occuring at different sites. Is it folliculitis??what to do now??

(Edited)

2 Likes

LikeAnswersShare
Concluded answer

Yes it is folliculitis So far recurrence is concerned you can Express pus out of it and sen for c&s so proper antibiotics can be choosen Commonly these are staphylococcal and response to macrolides and cephalosporins Locally mupirocin or fucidin

All Answers

Yes it is folliculitis So far recurrence is concerned you can Express pus out of it and sen for c&s so proper antibiotics can be choosen Commonly these are staphylococcal and response to macrolides and cephalosporins Locally mupirocin or fucidin

Valuable opinion

View 4 other replies

Folliculitis Antibiotics orally and topically. Cold compression. Analgesics orally. Neosporin eye drops and oint locally.

Thanks Dr Dinesh Gupta

View 2 other replies

Abscess streptococcus infection pus has to remove by I& d or aspiration with syringe for 2 to 3 days aug 375 tds 10 days do sugar check up stool rt

IT'S A CASE OF.. FOLLICULITIS..

Tnx

FOLLICULITIS, Most likely Staph etiology Antibiotics specially meant for staph need to be used for a longer period . E.g. FluCloxacillin, Dicloxacillin, linazolid

Thank you doctor

View 2 other replies

As it is recurrent , I think in he previous occasion it was incomplete resolution due presence of pus inside the cavity. Pus has to be drained out. Hot compressed for two days Drain the pus by opening the mouth of the cavity by small incision or opening the mouth . Broad spectrum antibiotic Analgesic and inflammatory Dressing I think you will get the total resolution.

Thank you doctor

View 2 other replies

FOLLICULITIS.

I agree

View 2 other replies

POSSIBLY RECURRENT FOLLICULITIS.... ADVISABLE CBC. ELECTROLYTES. PROTEINS LFT. RFT. CAL + D3

Folliculitis antibiotics orally topically

Sir it is recurring continuously sice two months even though antibiotics has taken..now which antibiotics and for what dauration can be given??

Folliculitis If it's recurrent do pus culture and find out highly sensitivity antibiotics. Personal hygiene & Frequently face wash Give NSAIDS along with antibiotics

Load more answers

Diseases Related to Discussion