Concluded Case

60 years female with these typical peri orbital swelling since last 20 years. A cass of T2D which is controlled on OHD 's Also hypertension and hypothyroidism which is controlled. There is a family history of similar peri orbital puffiness in mother and brother Comments on the condition and diagnosis welcomed

8 Likes

LikeAnswersShare
Concluded answer
Severe Mycoedematous deposits the result of uncontrolled thyroid function , this is due to deposition of chains of sugar molecules ( complex mucopolysacharides) This deposits giving this look remains even after thyroid levels brought to normal , take very long time to recover
All Answers
Severe Mycoedematous deposits the result of uncontrolled thyroid function , this is due to deposition of chains of sugar molecules ( complex mucopolysacharides) This deposits giving this look remains even after thyroid levels brought to normal , take very long time to recover
Thank you doctor

View 3 other replies

I would like to suggest to doctors to please go through the history provided in this case as history in this case is of 20 years , but she developed T2D, and hypertension after this although she was hypothyroid only 1- 2 years earlier. This has increased only gradually in these 20 years Also there is family history of similar signs in , mother and brothers and sisters. Is there some hereditary factor operating
Bags under eyes Degeneration of periorbital supportive connective tissue resulting in movement of water and fat to the most dependant part ,ie under the eyes . So far no evidence for any specific etiological agents Since these bags are large, ultrasound can be done and presence of water and fat confirmed
Congratulations! Your case has been selected as Case of the day and you have been awarded 5 points for sharing the case. Keep posting your interesting cases, Happy Curofying!
Presence of such comorbidities makes it difficult to come to an exact cause as all those conditions can cause such periorbital swelling. Needs further evaluation.
Thank you doctor
Multiple factors DM2T htn ckd hypothyroidism are there to present like this.yes these are mucoedematous deposits i agree with dr sujan singh
I agree

View 2 other replies

This could be acase of autoimmune endocrinopathy ,look for acth level & Ana & dsdna to rule out sle
Thank you doctor
I would like to evaluate her for myxoedema and Cushing syndrome
Thank you doctor

View 1 other reply

RFT done for rule out renal disease...bcoz pt is T2D
Is the whole family suffering from hypothyroidism. If yes control thyroide by Titration of thyroxin dose. Puffy eyes and be resolved by plastic surgery,if pt. Wants
Load more answers