HAZARDOUS EFFECTS OF CHLOROQUINE OR HYDROXYCHLOROQUINE IN COVID19.

Dear my friends and fellow Colleagues, Here is an update on COVID 19 who received either Chloroquine or Hydroxychloroquine with or without Antibiotics. Hospitalised COVID-19 patients who are treated with Chloroquine or Hydrxychloroquine with or without an antibiotic are twice as likely to die compared to controls who did not receive these agents. The risk of ventricular arrhythmias was also higher in those treated with these agents. Analysis of 96,000 patients from 671 hospitals in 6 continents, Lancet, May, 2020. Regards and thanks, Dr Sepuri Krishna Mohan

14 Likes

LikeAnswersShare
Sir, kindly share your views about Doxycycline and Ivermectin combo. https://medicaldialogues.in/medicine/news/doxycycline-and-ivermectin-combo-may-be-new-effective-covid-19-treatment-65868
Doctors of Bangladesh Medical College and Hospital claim that they got good results with the combination of Doxycycline and Ivermectine in Hospitalized COVID 19 patients. Yet there is no specific treatment for COVID19 in any part of the world. It's all trial and error basis only. One promising drug is Injectable Remdisivir 200 mg on day 1 IV Infusion f/b 100 mg a day for next 10 days. It's an Anti Viral Drug. Triple combination Therapy of Ritonavir Nopinavir Remdisivir seems to be a promising Therapy as of now for COVID19.

View 2 other replies

Thanks Dr Sepuri Krishna Mohan for a valuable update . We as doctors are science students and we should be giving evidence based treatment to COVID- 19 patients- who already have the potential of considerable morbidity and mortality. We should not use any medicine which can cause serious side effects in already immuno- compromised patients. We should clearly say a big NO "to following drugs Hydroxychloroquine Azithromycin Doxycycline Azithromycin. BCG All antivirals except REMDESIVIR . An update 4 hours ago today on 23rd May in the New England journal of medicine reported that only medicine cleared for COVID- 19 treatment is REMDESIVIR. It mainly benefited healthy patients, sick enough to need supplemented oxygen and who weren't dependent on ventilators or heart lung bypass machines. But it is clear that treatment with an antiviral drug alone is not likely to be sufficient. We should not become excited by non - evidence based treatment with number of drugs mentioned above . THANKS
Dear Dr Parveen, Please go through my answer to Dr Partha Sarathi Dahana down below where I had mentioned regarding the promising molecule Remdisivir and it's dosage schedule too. Regards and thanks, Dr Sepuri Krishna Mohan.

View 4 other replies

Sir these two drugs are likely to increase QTC interval hence arrhythmias specially when combined with azithromycin best way is initially start with one drug and add another after one week Second thing deaths due to arrythmeas seen in comorbid conditions where the two drugs started directly Simple ecg and echo are required before to start to r/o preexisting heart arrhythmia or ailments Yes in some case ivermectin and doxycycline are tried but not encouraging results Even BCG is in pipeline and india is one country where trials are going on. With regards Good morning sir
Thanx dr Partha Sarathi Sahana

View 3 other replies

Thank you for the update sir.
Valuable opinion
In Reply to Dr. Parveen Yograj ( also to discourage use of the Ayush related medications to boost your immunity ) I feel there is no harm in giving Homeopathic drug Ars,Alb. 30 the cost is hardly Rs 30 ,, and many places its distributed free. thou it will not work in all cases -- but some percentage of population will definately benifit . Homeopathy is erratic according to me, it will not give 100 % results everytime but some times it does miracles.

Cases that would interest you