12 yrs physically normal girl coming c pain in abdo treated symptomatically but no relif. admitted in govt hosp investigated shows rise bsl ..326 ..otherwise normal. 2nd day sudden developed oedema all over face and half part of face become black .........later developed this condition in pic diagnosis???? is it possible due to dm????

7 Likes

LikeAnswersShare

This is a case of 1) T1DM 2) DKA 3) Necrotizing Fascitis Admission is mandatory. Order FPG 2hr PG HbA1c Urinary Ketones RFT Micral. TFT. Surgeon should manage with antibiotics. Management 1) Correction of Hyperglycemia with Regular Insulin 2) Correction of Dehydration with NS 3) Correction of Electrolyte imbalance. 4) Appropriate Antibiotics. This is all because of T1DM.

agree with dr mohan - ophthalmology consultation should also be done in this case

View 2 other replies

seems necrotising fascitis... complete workup with surgical reference wud guide further... can u post one normal pic of pt to compare actual extent... bcoz here upper half lip and half nose almost gone...

till now i think all measures have been taken... so use higher antibiotics with surgical debridement...

yes in Type 1 DM, in perticular DKA, when sugar levels are high, prone for INFECTIONS. & in D.M. more prone for Skin infections, as in this case with Necrotizing Fascitis. Agree with Dr Verma for posting previous Normal profile picture.

normal pic not now available

Necrotising fasciitis, control diabetes, cleaning & debridement under antibiotics cover.

A case of necrotizing fascitis.. Control diabetes ... surgical intervention is needed

NECROTISING FACITIS INVOLVING FACIO MAXILLARY REGION CONSUTATION OF E N T FACIO MAXILLAR SURGEON  ADVISED BLOOD CULTURE C T SCAN MAXILLARY REGION M R I SCAN BRAIN NEEDS ADMISSION

Necrotising fasciitis , control diabetis debridement and higher antibiotics

Type I DM with necrotizing fascitis may be due to gas producing organisms ? Clostridium

Necrotizing fascitis, control diabetes and surgical reference

Consider Mucormycosis Do CT scan PNS & Orbit Refer to ENT Surgeon & Ophthalmologist Control BSLwith Insulin Send Culture and Sensitivity & Biopsy of Nasal Scraping Start IV Amphotericin B & Meropenem

Load more answers

Cases that would interest you