12yrs female with weight 23kg height 128cm, not gaining weight,protruded eyes ,no family h/o thyroid I had sent thyroid profile and montaux test what r ur suggestions?

1 Like

LikeAnswersShare

MALNUTRITION WITH STUNTED WASTED INVESTIGATIONS TTG IGA COELIAC DISEASE STOOL EXAMINATION AND FECAL STAETORRHOEA USG ABDOMEN MANTEOUX CHEST X RAY ESR RULE OUT KOCH PBF CBC NUTRITIONAL ANAEMIA HORMONAL STUDIES GROWTH HORMONE BLOOD SUGAR LEVELS INSULIN LIKE GROWTH FACTOR CLINICALLY SEE LYMPHADENOPATHY CLUBBING PALLOR PROTRUDING EYES MAY BE DUE TO MALNUTRITION IN THIS CHILD

Thank you sir

View 1 other reply

Overall the girl has FTT Prominent eyes not s/o exophthalmos I see failure of development of secondary sexual characters. See for Tanner score of sexual development I think she needs hormonal assessment TFT,Growth hormones Prolactin levels FSH Estrediol Levels Opinion of endocrinologist

Also r/o chronic infections like TB & UTI R/o Diabetes malitus

View 1 other reply

Short stature, weight more affected than height suggests a systemic illness Is there a breast bud? I shall strongly suspect celiac disease and send IGA and TtG IGA

12 year child with wt. 23 kgs. This is a clear case if FTT. FIRSTLY R/O ORGANIC CAUSES OF FTT. IF NO ORGANIC CAUSE FOUND, INVESTIGATIONS LIKE THYROID PROFILE, MX, ESR, CXR, & OTHER RELAVENT TESTS.

Thank you sir

I agree with Dr A Karim

Sir this is a case of hypothyroidism pls adv thyroid profile cbc lft .or referred endocrinologist for further treatment.

Rule out worm infestation.

Thank you

Thyroid function FBS S. tTG S. Creatinine S. Calcium CBC, GBP Chest Xray Usg abdomen LFT. Deworm her.

Cases that would interest you