a 6 year old male child reported with slowly growing firm swelling over the right lower face for last 1 year. intraoral photograph showing multiple displced decidous teeth. opt shows expansile radiolucent lesion involving body and ramus of rt side mandible ........give your opinion and diagnosis.....

5 Likes

LikeAnswersShare
my point is beware of handling such silent pathologies in local anaesthesia ......when you get blood on aspiration......always go for definitive investigations like CT angio to confirm it.......
Gud case doc...

View 2 other replies

Ameloblastoma can be considered first...as buccal and lingual cortical plates expansion present...OKC and fibrous dysplasia can also be considered as differential diagnosis.... anyhow cbct and histopathologic examinations shud be done further...
both okc and ameloblastoma are observed in 2nd to 4th decade mostly..........in young age of 6 years it is very rare
my provisional diagnosis is Ameloblastoma and differntial will be hodkings lymphoma or fibrous dysplasia
as i observed blood on aspiration .....I advised CT angiography to rule out vascular malformation.....
finally CT Angio revealed it as high flow A/V malformation.....
first d/d is central hemangioma
mural ameloblastoma...
age is not supporting ur diagnosis doc

View 2 other replies

agree with dr pyusha
Thankyou Dr.Vidhi..
ossifying fibroma
a fibroma which is ossifying then how it could be so radiolucent .....

View 1 other reply

Load more answers

Cases that would interest you