Pulmonary TB

2 Likes

LikeAnswersShare

High -AFB index. Plan 4 drugs AKT. If extensive and severe form, may consider adding streptomycin. Send sputum CBNAAT and AFB culture sensitivity test to rule out MDR TB. Can give benadon 40 od. Akurit 4 ,2 tabs are enough. No need of adding levoflox at present.

Valuable opinion

This patient has very active tuberculosis, please send sputum for AFB culture and sensitivity He is currently on two tablets of Akurit 4 per day Each tablet of Akurit 4 contain Isoniazid (75mg)+ Rifampicin (150mg)+ Ethambutol (275mg)+ Pyrazinamide (400mg) So the patient received double the dose Actual required dose Isoniazid 5 mg/kg = 150 mg per day, two tablet of Akurit 4 contain 150 mg Isoniazid Rifampicin 10 mg/ kg = 300 mg, two tablets of Akurit 4 contain 300 mg Rifampicin Ethambutol 15 - 20 mg/kg = max 600 mg , two tablets of Akurit 4 contain 550 mg Pyrazinamide 25 mg/kg = 750 mg Two tablets of Akurit 4 contain 800 mg So the dose received in two tablets of Akurit 4 is adequate

Agreed with you docsab

View 1 other reply

In view of reasonably high AFB index, it is advisable to continue full adult dose ..Add streptomycin.also.. No other Cephalosporin or Quinoline antibiotic required to add. Milk/Fruit/Adequate neutrons care.

Thank you doctor

My concerns are - I read that as the weight is above 25kgs, so should initiate ATT as per Adult FDC as per weight, so I advised him to take two tabs of Akurit 4, Am I on the right track? Kindly guide me Secondly, regarding Benadon 40mg, should I give half or complete tab to the patient? Regarding Levofloxacin, Do u advise adding levoflox to the ATT regimen? @Sandeep Ghodekar @Dr. Suranjana Basak @Jayesh Kalbhande Please guide me in these context

I6 YEARS MALE 30 KG WEIGHT SPUTUM FOR A F B POSITIVELY WITH SIEL NELSONS STAIN 3 TIMES UNDER WT STRAT HIM.ON.ATT DOT TT ETHUMBUTAL ON ETHUMBUTAL TRESTMENTBDO EYE EXAMINATSTION AS ETHUMBTAL HAS OCULAR TOXICITY

Shifting on CAT2

Thanx dr Sandeep Ghodekar

View 1 other reply

You are right

Thank you doctor

High AFB index Active case of pul kochs Adv: 4 drug AKT If req add inj streptomycin

NEED'S.. AKT4 KIT ..

agree with @Dr. Sandeep Ghodekar

Load more answers

Diseases Related to Discussion