Private Practice in Covid Pandemic

I need guidelines for general physician in time of corona pandemic 1. What measures do we set-up inside our private clinic while consulting patients ? 2. How to manage patients with flu like illness such as fever and cough with no any other complications ? 3. Do we need to inform to local authority about every patient with flu like illness? 4. Can we continue our Opd even if we don't have PP wear except N95? 5. Can we refuge to see patient with high grade fever and throat pain or cough? 6. What if we see a patient as a normal flu who later on turn out to be Covid 19 and Can a doctor and his family to be quarantined from authority 7. Any guidelines to start Opd for Allopathic practitioner from MCI or Government?

LikeAnswersShare
I personally feel right now conditions are not conducive to private O.P.D. As there is dearth of PPE , and if purchased it is costly and it is disposable and single use only - we should not do PP with out full PPE . It is not possible to do adequate social distancing in private O.P.D 's . Even checking of B.P , chest examination and oropharyngeal examination is risky for the practitioners.. If you can manage the patient without examining him/ her and then prescribe medication after listening to history that too from a distance of more than 1 metre - one can do the practice . At present the stress of Govt of india is only govt .institutions which can provide medical care and that too with vproper use of PPE . Of late more and more - doctors and paramedical staff is becoming COVID positive which is an alarming situation. So I as doctors- we should not do anything which can help in steep climb of COVID- 19 curve in india - instead of flattening the curve . Telemedicine I think is the best option right now . If you get infected by COVID- 19 in private practice- you can land up in trouble. 1.You and your family will get social stigma and even in future according to indian mind set - your O.P.D will be affected due to it . 2.You and your family may suffer due to getting locked in quarantine centers. 3 A legal action may be taken against you as to how you helped in spread of disease. 4 Only in Govt run institutions- if a doctor contacts the disease- he will be properly looked after by the govt
Thank you doctor

View 1 other reply

Thanx dr J jp for tagging me You asked about GUIDELINES FOR G P My first advice is ICMR doesnot allow opd practice in this situation as neither social distancing nor ppe can offer 100%protection It is difficult to do practice without physical contacts and difficult to stop attendants As everyday we are getting news of doctors and paramedical staff are send in quarantine bcz of exposure. To site to day in pune the RADIOLOGIST conducted 144 usg in pregnant womens is found corona +ve and send clinic is sealed . What is the fun in such practice where you are putting so many lives in danger beside himself and his family Financial loss in lockdown is no greater than our future . Now your list 1sanitizion unit for clinic and every person comming to opd 2you have to wear PPE kit so as your staff. Symptoms you mentioned do relate to common ILI but necessary to differentiate from covid19 in present contest. Also necessary to get history of travel or contact which pt may hide from us 3yes 4 no without taking risk of your ownself 5 yes but with polite language and counseling 6you are nowhere but quarantined which may last upto 40days 7 ICMR /MEDICAL COUNCIL/IMA all have directed
Thanx dr Praveen Yograj

View 5 other replies

1) Mask should be essential for Doctor and patient, with hand wash,after examine individual one. 2) Use gloves and Cap 3) Every flu case should be refer to Civil Hospital or medical college 4) yes you can conduct your OPD with mask ,cap , gloves and hand wash after examine Individual one. 5)When you come back at home then must wash your clothes and take bath with SOAP
Thank you doctor
Opd line list of fever cases must maintain and if any abnormal rise in fever cases should be reported to local administration
Thank you doctor
plz stop private practice for corona pandemic
Thank you doctor
I agree with Dr Praveen Yogaraj , in full
Thank you doctor
We need to maintain distance from symptomatic and asymptomatic patient both

Cases that would interest you