34 years old male, suffering from fever with chills, headache myalgia, nausea and vomiting for last two weeks. Treated by a local doctor with Antibiotics, Chloroquine, Acetaminophen, Multivitamins etc. without improvement. Then he has been brought to a Tertiary Care Center and admitted to the Male Medical Ward. Few investigations and clincal examinations revealed features of hemolytic anaemia, jaundice and splenomegaly....... PLEASE GIVE YOUR VIEWS IN CHRONOLOGICAL ORDER. 1. Description of smears with diagnosis. 2. D/D 3. Any other investigations you would like to perform ? 4. Management.

14 Likes

LikeAnswersShare
1. Ring shape trophozoits of P. Falciparum parasites. Also one RBC is affected with multiple parasites seen in some RBCs. 2. Typhus, bacterial endocarditis, toxic shock syndrome. 3. RDT - Rapid diagnostic test for malaria. 4. Artesunate 2.4 mg/kg i.v. or i.m. at 0,12,24 hours and once a day afterwards. OR artemether 3.2 mg/kg i.m. at admission followed by 1.6 mg/kg daily OR arteether 150 mg i.m. daily for 3 days.
Thank you doctor
1. Babesia. 2. P.falci. 3. P.falci antigen HRP2 test by RDT 4. Atovaquone and Azithromycin
Thank you doctor
Agree with @Dr. Prosenjit Gayen sir.
Thank you doctor
Ring forms multiple P.Falciparum Malaria
Thank you doctor
P.Falciparam, multiple rings in rbc
Thank you doctor
P. Falciparum(ring forms)
Thank you doctor
P Falciparum infection.
Thank you doctor
P. Falciparum malaria