Concluded Case

2 yr/m having burning micturition and redness on glans, irritated child TLC 20600 Urine sugar +++ RBS 540mg/dl pus cells present suggest daignosis, DM type 1?

4 Likes

LikeAnswersShare
Concluded answer

This child is having type I diabetes, need to be treated with insulin C peptide level, Glutamic acid decarboxylase antibody, Insulin auto antibody, Islet cell cytoplasmic antibody --- will help in confirmation of autoimmune disease causing type I DM Absence of C peptide indicate absence of insulin production, typical of type I DM Urinary tract infection need to be treated with antibiotics Cause of urinary tract infection need to be evaluated, nearly 50% of children will have congenital anomaly as a cause of UTI commonest congenital anomalies are PUJ obstruction, vesicouretetic reflux, posterior urethral valve Kindly check for phimosis and acute balanoposthitis as cause of UTI

All Answers

This child is having type I diabetes, need to be treated with insulin C peptide level, Glutamic acid decarboxylase antibody, Insulin auto antibody, Islet cell cytoplasmic antibody --- will help in confirmation of autoimmune disease causing type I DM Absence of C peptide indicate absence of insulin production, typical of type I DM Urinary tract infection need to be treated with antibiotics Cause of urinary tract infection need to be evaluated, nearly 50% of children will have congenital anomaly as a cause of UTI commonest congenital anomalies are PUJ obstruction, vesicouretetic reflux, posterior urethral valve Kindly check for phimosis and acute balanoposthitis as cause of UTI

I agree

He is type 1 diabetic start insulin and control the sugar and go for urine c&s and support with selective antibiotics preferably to be treated by pediatricians/diabetologist

Already referred

View 5 other replies

BLOOD SUGAR FASTING PP, HBA1C, URINE C /S BLOOD C/S USG FULL ABDOMEN THYROID PROFILE RFT LFT TYPE 1 DM LEUCOCYTOSIS WITH UTI ANTIBIOTIC AS PER CULTURE REPORT PEDIATRICS OPINION

Juveline onset diabetes mellitus . Go for urine c/s . Start insulin n first line antibiotics with good gram negative cover.

T1 DM UTI. Sugg urine ketones. Hydration, insuline as per BSL, antibiotics for acute illness. GAD 65 antibodies and c peptide level.

Already referred

Juvenile type 1 DM . Do urine ketones, hb1ac , ABG, electrolytes, C peptide level . Give fluid correction as per DKA protocol. Start insulin drip. Give IV antibiotics . Try to find the focus of bacterial infection. Better to be treated in consultation with paediatrician .

Juvenile diabetes. HbA1c, Urine culture, complete, especially ketone bodies. Start insulin control diabetes, antibiotics

Find out foci. May be UTI. No. Of pus cells per HpF. Urine and blood for ketone bodiesAnd HBA1c to rule out Diabetic ketosis.. Serum Electrolytes. Review all reports.

Juvenile DM with UTI paraphymosois.

I agree

Do ABG,HbA1c, c peptide level.start insulin infusion .Give maintenance fluids as per DKA protocol. Watch for sensorium.send urine culture and start antibiotic

Load more answers

Cases that would interest you