Concluded Case

Post traumatic severe Communicating Hydrocephalus

New case. I am sharing this case for the opinion of Neurosurgeon,This is the 1st case todays OPD. I saw the video of the patient and all the reports,done at near by state. Video shows good eye contact with thinning of both upper and lower limbs .Both upper limbs in the flexed posture at elbow,both lower limbs mild flexion at knees. 18 yr old ,M, Intelligent boy,On the 4th day after the 12 th exam ie on 25th March 2019, he fell down from the two wheeler and he was in the accident site for 4 hrs. On arriving at the local hospital he was ,concious ,moving all limbs but was restless. 1st CT 25th March 2nd CT 26 th March 3rd Ct 26th march. He was in the same hospital for 1 month and then transferred to Govt MCH,Trivandrum on 26thApril 2019,where he was admitted for 1week.Suggested Rehabilitation care and informed the father about the surgeries and the prognosis .Father was informed about the recovery also in view of the young age.He scored 94 % in the 12 th exam.The boy was getting active rehabilitation but without any improvement Last ct on 11th February 2020. After seeing the last Ct ,I ref the case to our Neurosurgeon . What is next to this unfortunate boy? For the Neurosurgeons.

LikeAnswersShare
Concluded answer
Thanks Curofy and other Doctors who answered the case. Tha last CT brain shows severe communicating hydrocephalus. I ref the case to Neurosurgeon on the day of Relatives visit in the OPD . Neurosurgeon suggested surgery VP shunt. Elective admissions on 26 of this month for Shunt .
All Answers
That's sad and unfortunate however as far the interpretation goes for the scan initially he had lt sided thin edh after a month he now has Significant rt. SDH with mass effect , extreme edema and mid line shift is observed, prognosis doesn't seem promising for this young boy, there will be neurological deficets ma'am ...
Thanks Curofy and other Doctors who answered the case. Tha last CT brain shows severe communicating hydrocephalus. I ref the case to Neurosurgeon on the day of Relatives visit in the OPD . Neurosurgeon suggested surgery VP shunt. Elective admissions on 26 of this month for Shunt .
Congratulations! Your case has been selected as Case of the day and you have been awarded 5 points for sharing the case. Keep posting your interesting cases, Happy Curofying!
Thanks Curofy
Bilateral subdural heamato as right larger. With mass effect with mid line shift. Rt hemorrhaging contusion craniotomy
Thank you doctor
A shunt will definitely help improve his neurological status
I agree