24 years male, came in with a chief complain of itching and burning sensation of the skin. on the periobital region folowing exposure to narrow bee fly. please management?

1 Like

LikeAnswersShare

Stinging by probably sand fly Local reaction Icepacks Local application of antiallergic oint and local anaesthetic Steroid may be considered Examine eye if it is not involved than nothing to worry But yes any sign of anaphylaxis must not be overlooked

Thanx dr Dinesh Gupta

View 2 other replies

Inj Medrol 2 c c + Inj Avil 2 c c I V or I M stat Tab Medrol 8 mg B D Tab Levocet 1 B D Inj Adrenaline 1:1000 1/4 c c s c stat one does Nsaid orally

Angioedema

Angioedema IV hydrocortisone IV antihistamine Observation Monitor vitals..

Inj adrenaline stat

Apply lidocaine Hydocortisone

Case Of Bee Sting Needs Antihistaminics

Rx. Tab Antihistamine like levocetrizine and montelukast and steroids like methyleprednisalone or dexamethasone Calamine lotion for local application

Angio edems ,Allergic reaction immediate I’ve hydrocortisone

Thanks dr.Sabista naaz

If it's bee string then can go with antihistamines like fexofenadine 120 bd, cold pack for eye watch for BP pulse respiration Sometimes it manifest as severe nausea and vomiting or diarrhoea Any mild reaction can shift to anaphylaxis If observed uncontrolled reaction then add steroids to prevent it Swelling will take at least 16-24 hr to subside

Load more answers

Diseases Related to Discussion