26 years female complaints of rash like these for 3 days, present on lateral aspect of Rt thigh only. Sudden onset, no fever or itch or burning sensation or any other comorbidities. Dx, investigations and Rx.

8 Likes

LikeAnswersShare

Dr Puranjoy There is multiple dermatomes involved, it's highly unlikely to be HZ. I would go with irritant dermatitis due to tight leggins or synthetic dress with sweating. Treatment Moisturizing cream in morning Mometasone with fucidic acid cream in night

Fully agree that it's not HZ. May be irritant dermatitis, but she is a house maker, and no history of using tight leggings or synthetic dress , she uses only cotton clothe materials and that surprises me . Is there any other alternative diagnosis and explanation possible @ Dr. Avitus John Raakesh Prasad ?

Dermatitis due to weather, fabric, moisturiser or other application irritating. Aloe Vera application has produced rashes as did many Cosmetics. Soothing topical applications enough

Thank you doctor

Irritant contact dermatitis

Thank you doctor

Pityriasis Rosecea. DD Irritant Dermatitis Self inflicted Winter Eczema Treatment with Emollients Antihistamines.

Thank you doctor

Dr Puranjoy One possibility is the dress was not washed or rinsed properly after using washing powder. The residual washing powder can irritate the skin when wearing.

Thank you doctor

The history isn't very informative. Anyhow thanks for a clear clinical picture- No-2. If it were due to detergents there must be a little itching at least. One thing is sure patient has a dry skin. Is there pityriasis Rosea like lesions elsewhere. Please make sure. For the time being suggest only an emollient like Elovera or white soft paraffin & change to a moisturising soap. Review after a week & post the development

Thank you Dr. Mohanasundaram, only emollient was given and ask to review after 7 days. If the patient turn up, I will post the further development .

Pityriasis Rosea DD Irritant Contact Dermatitis

Thank you doctor

Thank you doctor

Herpes zoster. Tab acyclovir 800mg 5 times a day for 7 days. Nsaids for pain.

Thank you doctor

Load more answers

Cases that would interest you