Low haemoglobin

27 yr Female with complaint of tiredness on little exertion with heavily suffocating, skin pale, nails pale, severely lethargic. Burning in buccal mucosa. Please suggest the right approach to the pt.

(Edited)

2 Likes

LikeAnswersShare

@Its Iron deficiency Anemia TT accordingly Rx Chery Tab Multivitamin 2-3 Unit Blood As early possible .. @Dr. Mausuf Sherasia Plzz Update the case tomorrow Blood 3unit needed

Valuable opinion

Ask for blood film examination than iron profile and HPLC... Is pt having spleen...

Thank you doctor

Tiredness and lethargic is Becouse of severe anemic

I agree

Serum ferritin Serum B12 Serum folic acid

Valuable opinion

Firstly urgent need of blood transfusion

I agree

Anemia need blood transfusion

I agree

First blood transfusion.Do serum iron profile as it is a case of severe iron deficiency anemia.Ask for any severe menstrual blood loss and she may need gynaecology consultation.Deworming to be done.Treat with iron,B12 and folic acid

Severe iron deficiency anemia Needs investigations to find out cause ,? Nutritional, ? Blood loss ,?? Anky infestation Needs packed sell transfusions urgently Can be followed by IV / ORAL iron. Albendazole orally .

Severe Anaemia.. At first,2 unit pcv transfusion.. Send Iron Profile.. B12 level.. Sos Inj.Encicarb..

Severely anaemic ...do iron profile and blood transfusion

Load more answers

Cases that would interest you