Male. 26 years. complains of pain left side of the face just below the ear. 15 days duration. started as a small red spot on the back of the ear lobe at the root of the ear. Gradually spread around to give the present appearance. just below the ear lobe there is a red, warm, tender and painful indrated area. says pain is intolerable and opening the mouth increases the pain. Kindly diagnose and treat.

18 Likes

LikeAnswersShare
Suppurative lymphadenitis with cellulitis and impending abscess formation. Treatment is potent antibiotics preferably Inj.cetriaxone I gm + Sulbactum 500mg B.D for 7days along with chymoral forte followed by oral antibiotics. If abscess formation has already occurred then incision and drainage is required
Thank you Sir. On palpation it did not appear like a lymph node. I could feel irregular indurated tender area. I thought that it going to form an abscess and put him on broad spectrum AB 'S. and watch for 2 - 3 days. I don't know how infection occurred.

View 1 other reply

Looks like parotid abscess... To rule out the odontogenic cause take an opinion from oral n maxillofacial surgeon... Put him on antibiotics and analgesics for 5 days... Go for ultrasonography
Thanks Dr
Could be parotitis. Intra oralexamination reveal inflamed parotid duct.oral hygiene,adequate hydration and broad spectrum antibiotics needed.
Periarticular cellulitis Broad-spectrum antibiotics Metrogyl Chymoral forte Aceclofenac serratiopeptidase I/D if required
Periauricular mystyping
Cellulitis with impending abscess formation.... Broad spectrum Antibiotics with NSAIDs to reduce inflammation
Thanks Sir
Cellulitis- impending abscess Should consider/ exclude otogenic origin of abscess.
Thanks Sir. I couldn't make out any infection inside the ear canal.
Lymphadenitis give antibiotic
Suppurative parotitis
Thanks Sir
Parotidd abcess
Thanks Sir
Parotid abcess
Load more answers