Concluded Case

Pyrexia of unknown origin

Patient complaining of fever since 2 weeks it rises from 99 to 102/103degree. No other complaint other than mild cold and cough. basic investigation ruled out typhoid 1:80 in o titre. Cefixime was started and inj moncef bd was given for 3 days with iv fluids with temporary relief and paracetamol was orally started with only temporary relief. attaching report, please tell me what else can be done in investigation or treatment?

3 Likes

LikeAnswersShare
Concluded answer
Treat as PUO Monitor temp every 4hrly findout the waxing and wanning characteristic graph of enteric fever Platelets are 1.88 lacks needs to be repeated May be simple viral fever Put on antipyretics Icepacks or sponges As prophylactic antibiotic i will prefer azithromycin 500mg od Or Cefixime+ofloxacin 400mg bd for 5days Meanwhile take xray chest Repeat hemogram and urine widal Take pbs during fever from peripheral tip of finger
All Answers
SUGGESTIVE OF VIRAL PNEUMONIA.... DD R. T. I ADVISABLE... 1. X. RAY..... CHEST 2. U S G.......CHEST. AND. ABDOMEN 3. BLOOD,/ URINE....C / S 4. CEFUROXIME. AXETIL. + LINEZOLID
Dr.Ma'am Fever since 15 days. I think Do Dengue IgG IgM NS1 MP X-ray chest Usg abdomen CBNAAT Mntx Urine exam And further investigations Meanwhile Treat With inj.Artesunate
Thank you doctor
Treat as PUO Monitor temp every 4hrly findout the waxing and wanning characteristic graph of enteric fever Platelets are 1.88 lacks needs to be repeated May be simple viral fever Put on antipyretics Icepacks or sponges As prophylactic antibiotic i will prefer azithromycin 500mg od Or Cefixime+ofloxacin 400mg bd for 5days Meanwhile take xray chest Repeat hemogram and urine widal Take pbs during fever from peripheral tip of finger
Sir I have started with cefixime and ofloxacin 400 bd since 5 days but fever is recurrent? Have sent for detailed investigation so far.

View 4 other replies

IT'S A..CASE OF.. PYREXIA X ..2 WKS.. WITH. COMMON COLD AND RAISED..ESR.. ? URTI.. ? VIRAL FEVER.. ? PRE ENTERIC FEVER .. NEED'S CLINICOPATHOLOGICAL EVALUATION WITH.. * HEMOGRAM..REPEAT .. *URINE ROUTINE.. * TYPHIDOT..MP..DENGUE.. * CXR.. MEANWHILE TREAT SYMPTOMATICALLY..WITH .. ANTIPYRETICS.. ANTIBIOTICS.. MULTIVITAMINS ANTIOXIDANTS.. GLUCOSE SUPPLEMENTS.. REST AND FOLLOW UP..
Thank you doctor

View 1 other reply

As platelet count in lower border...1.88 lakhs....I think it's a recovery phase Still go for IGg IGM NS1 DENGUE, ANTIBODY ANTIGEN MP, IGgIGM typhoid If all in WNL THEN definitely go for X-RAY and other supportive investigations to rule out KOCH'S
Thanks Dr. Sanjoy Sarkar

View 3 other replies

Fever more than 2 weeks ESR 76 CXR PA view, Mantoux test, Sputum for AFB, CBNAAT RK 39,MP ICTC,BSL Blood for CS Continue Monocef Rept Widal after 3 days Let reports come & treat accordingly
Thank you doctor

View 1 other reply

Fever and cough since 2 weeks so ask repeat CBC ESR PLATELETS Blood SUGAR, MP Widal RE URINE NS1 IgM IgG chest X-RAY PA view, Sputum for AFB CBNNAT Mountux test
Thank you doctor
? Pneumonitis. ? Viral fever. ? Entric fever Sugggets. X Ray. Typhoid igg/igm Sputum. AFB KFT.
Dr is there any other symptoms if not continue the same medicine but apply inj Tazid 4.5g od for 3 days Plenty of fluids
Thank you doctor

View 3 other replies

Repeat Widal. MT.& X_Ray chest to ruld out Pulmonary Koch's lession
Thank you doctor
Load more answers

Cases that would interest you