Concluded Case

3 animals(Buffalo) of a dairy having a problem of heamoglobnuria One by one at the interval of 5days. today 4th animal showing same symptoms. all animals are pregnant about 8-9Month. animals we're treated on the First day. with inj-Rintose -1lit. inj-Urimin 30ml IV inj-Oxy-30ml IV Inj-Cpm- 10ml IM inj-Belamyl-15ml Im inj-ferritas-10ml I'M and adviced pow.soda phos 10gm bid/per animal little bit improved on 2nd day repeated same with inj- Tonophosphon- 15ml IV and clotex-10ml Im on 3rd day one animal aboreted and died on next day. on 4th day 2 animal improved and not recovered completly. please suggest the valuable diagnosis with the suspected cause and treatment.

6 Likes

LikeAnswersShare
Concluded answer

4th animal which saw same symptoms of heamoglobnuria like other animal. Farmer called me and I immediately adviced pow. Soda phos 40gm bid. When I visited the dairy on next day 4th animal completely recovered in 2 doses of soda phos. And I also treated other animal with N S 1 lit, D25 1lit, ascorbic acid 20ml, belamyl, urimin 15ml IVand 15 ml s/c to both animal. Vit- A D3 E 5ml IM Animal recovered And I think the problem may be because of animals are reared on concreate floor and completely in packed shed there is no expouser of sunlite. That's why I think deficiency of Vit-D can be possible which can disturb the absorption of Ca and P. So I adviced farmer to reared animal in sunlight outside the shed and got satisfactory result on next day with treatment. And i also Adviced Bolus- cupper with other minerals 2bol bid. In My opinion it was a case of hypophosphatemia. It can be due to various causal factor may be Vit-D deficiency, and other reason thats you guys suggested me like cupper deficiency, oxalate poisoning and etc.

All Answers

Copper deficiency also usually contributes to hemoglobinuria in buffaloes and a pinkish tone to the skin indicates...Please go for copper glycinate inj. that can be administered I.v (inj. Curan BH) in acute condition and follow up supplementation can be done by sub cut administation of inj. Curan 9

Thank you doctor

View 1 other reply

4th animal which saw same symptoms of heamoglobnuria like other animal. Farmer called me and I immediately adviced pow. Soda phos 40gm bid. When I visited the dairy on next day 4th animal completely recovered in 2 doses of soda phos. And I also treated other animal with N S 1 lit, D25 1lit, ascorbic acid 20ml, belamyl, urimin 15ml IVand 15 ml s/c to both animal. Vit- A D3 E 5ml IM Animal recovered And I think the problem may be because of animals are reared on concreate floor and completely in packed shed there is no expouser of sunlite. That's why I think deficiency of Vit-D can be possible which can disturb the absorption of Ca and P. So I adviced farmer to reared animal in sunlight outside the shed and got satisfactory result on next day with treatment. And i also Adviced Bolus- cupper with other minerals 2bol bid. In My opinion it was a case of hypophosphatemia. It can be due to various causal factor may be Vit-D deficiency, and other reason thats you guys suggested me like cupper deficiency, oxalate poisoning and etc.

Very nice decision

What about temp? It may be Blood Protozoal infection, Lab report ? If negative for protozoal infection, May be oxalet poisoning. Treat with, Inj Calcium Boroglconate 450 ml once Inj Ascorbic Acid 30 ml for 3 days All above your treatment was very nice.

Thank you doctor

View 1 other reply

Blood paraside Report please?

Thank you doctor

View 4 other replies

Go for blood parasite test.. It may be a case of babesiosis. Blood analysis will better to treat the animal easily

Thank you doctor

Could be leptospirosis.. late term abortion and heamolytic anaemia is also seen in lepto.

what is temp if temp than use Berinil20 ml each rest the same

Thank you doctor

View 3 other replies

BS examine forBlood parasides First? Report please,

Thank you doctor

View 1 other reply

What about recovery of Case of haemoglobinouria ?

Go for brucellosis test also.

Thank you doctor

View 4 other replies

Load more answers

Cases that would interest you