Concluded Case

3 yr Boy. Pls Suggest RX and DX

Boy have this infection from 5 days. In starting parents apply, Neem Leaves on it. From last 3 days taking medicine

(Edited)

1 Like

LikeAnswersShare
Concluded answer

As the history only for 5days it seem to be an abscess. Neck abscess is formed during or after viral or bacterial infection of like tonsilitis , sinusitis or otitis media and as the infection worsen it spreads down the deep tissue to form an abscess neck. It may be also due to local infection or infection of lymph node leading to abscess. Drainage of abscess by aspiration by wide bore needle from the anti gravity border. Pus sent for C& S and smear for AFB and culture for AFB. Antibiotic proper, If not resolves incision and drainage followed by antibiotic and dressing and go for asper the report and further investigation.

All Answers

As the history only for 5days it seem to be an abscess. Neck abscess is formed during or after viral or bacterial infection of like tonsilitis , sinusitis or otitis media and as the infection worsen it spreads down the deep tissue to form an abscess neck. It may be also due to local infection or infection of lymph node leading to abscess. Drainage of abscess by aspiration by wide bore needle from the anti gravity border. Pus sent for C& S and smear for AFB and culture for AFB. Antibiotic proper, If not resolves incision and drainage followed by antibiotic and dressing and go for asper the report and further investigation.

Thanks Dr B R Panchal.

Boil (Abscess): I & D locally with ASD & pus C/S test, Antibiotic orally, Antiinflamatory syp, DPT vaccine history? Check SM & Cervical lyphadenopathy? Rule out tubercular origin?

? ABSCESS .. MANAGEMENT.. I & D .. PUS C AND S..EXAMINATION.. BS..ANTIBIOTICS WITH..NSAIDS AS PER REQUIREMENT ..

Ginger lime juice monisons pain'balm... sulpha if tolerant turmeric powder paste... garlic little.. onions sproutskalijeeri alkaline diet no sugar no nonveg diet no eggs no mushrooms no fried foods no processed or fermented foods and beverages... apricots dates pomegranat es muskmelon walnuts blue berries...corn...warm water gargles lemongrass decoction... carrots..under strict supervision of Doctor

Abscess I & D under LA or GA Antibiotics orally TBACT oint dressings Nsaid orally Send pus for HPE

It is a case of Boil abscess Pus formation is there Give IV inj.Cefixime 250 mg bd Inj.Rantac 1 cc bd T.Vovaron sr 100mg bd

It is an abscess .If painful.can be a bacterial pyogenic ulcer , can be alveolar abscess If no pain it can be a cold abscess.Can be osteomyelitis of mandible. FNAC ,Culture and sensitivity of pus to be done at the time of incision.Xray of mandible if it is suspected to be arising from mandible.

Abscess. I and D required. Ref to Surgeon.

Sebaceous Cyst

Diseases Related to Discussion

Cases that would interest you