Concluded Case

Retrosternal extension of Multi nodular goiter

A 60 years old male with history of a neck swelling since 12 years .It had increased over a period of time. It was a case of multi nodular goiter. Initially he was euthyroid- but since last 2 years he developed hyperthyroidism and put on neomercazole 10 mg B.D and is stable on this treatment uptill now . But now he complains of mild dypnoea and neck pain . On CT scan of neck it was a case of multi nodular goiter with retrosternal extension of goiter. Patient has been advised surgery. Any further opinions in this case

2 Likes

LikeAnswersShare
Concluded answer
Adv nuclear scan , thyroid receptor antibodies test , FNAC, Present TFT and ATG. Aim is to differentiate between malignancy and isolated mass effect causing local pain and dyspnea. If refractory hyperthyroidism, RAI and surgery would be the best options.
All Answers
Adv nuclear scan , thyroid receptor antibodies test , FNAC, Present TFT and ATG. Aim is to differentiate between malignancy and isolated mass effect causing local pain and dyspnea. If refractory hyperthyroidism, RAI and surgery would be the best options.
Valuable opinion
IT'S A..CASE OF.. SWELLING NECK.. ? THYROID PATHOLOGY.. MNGs.. PLUMER DISEASE.. NEED'S CLINICOPATHOLOGICAL EVALUATION WITH EXPERTS OPINION TO CONCLUDE DIAGNOSIS AND TREATMENT
I agree

View 1 other reply

Congratulations! Your case has been selected as Case of the day and you have been awarded 5 points for sharing the case. Keep posting your interesting cases, Happy Curofying!
Thyroid swelling pressing trachea causing dyspnoea nuclear scan with core biopsy ft3 ft4tsh then decide even iodine up take can help tpo test
I agree
U have to do sternotomy ..I assisted one only .as it was not our domain..
Most of the cases we can take the gland through neck incision itself
Wats fnac report of this patient?
Iodium thyroidinum calc flour