World Blood donor Day | 14 June 2020

"Safe blood saves lives". 14 June 2020 - World Blood donor Day, celebrates to thank voluntary, unpaid blood donors for their life-saving gift of blood and also to raise awareness of the need for regular blood donations. How often do you donate blood? What do you think is the barrier that prevents one from donating blood?

13 Likes

LikeAnswersShare
Thanks Curofy for reminding us of this day. It's a social responsibility every person to donate blood at regular interval. Because unless and until we the people donate blood there won't be adequate stock of blood with the blood banks. During the Covid 19 outbreak it's more likely to have scarcity of blood or blood products in the blood banks as voluntary bl donation camps would be fewer. I donate blood at regular intervals which gives me the feeling of fulfilment towards my social responsibility Amongst doctors I don't see any barrier as this community is aware of this. But for the youth of this country we should try to urge them to make it a habit of regular blood donation may be on their birthdays or festive occasions. My best wishes to the entire team of Curofy on this special day. Keep smiling and keep donating blood at the nearest blood bank regularly.
.World Blood donor day 14th June 2020 - This year's theme is Safe blood Saves lives with the slogan "Give blood and make the world healthier place. I am not a regular blood donator .I have donated blood only twice in my life time . May be - that time never came where my services were required. I regret that. Barrier which prevents is the lack of adequate media promotion, a general lack of national hype on this issue and a general trend to donate blood like in Srilanka where every one is willingto donate blood .The objectives of this year’s campaign are to: celebrate and thank individuals who donate blood and encourage more people to start donating; raise wider awareness of the urgent need to increase the availability of safe blood for use wherever and whenever it is needed to save life; demonstrate the need for universal access to safe blood transfusion and provide advocacy on its role in the provision of effective health care and in achieving universal health coverage; mobilize support at national, regional and global levels among governments and development partners to invest in, strengthen and sustain national blood programmes.
This is just a thought that came to my mind , covid19 testing & how will it impact blood transfusion ur comments
Most popular way of life threatening in medical science in world.

Cases that would interest you