35 yrs male came ED with high grade fever. No DM, HTN. HR 110/min, BP 90/50. On physical examination painful, swelling of penis and gangrenous feature. Dx and treatment ?

9 Likes

LikeAnswersShare

It's appearing as fourieners gangrene of penis and it's spreading needs urgent surgical debridement or intervention plus antibiotics broad spectrum pt to be shifted in icu close monitoring require it's to done early

Valuable opinion

View 1 other reply

#penis with necrotising dermititis First salvage necrosis by broadspectrum antibiotics orally as well as locally Once infection is resolved #penis may repaired by plastic surgeon

Thanx dr Kute Ankush

View 3 other replies

There is necrotising fasciitis in involving penis with impending Fournier 's gangrene of scrotum. Take a detailed history regarding impotence . It may be due to ischaemia of the penis and scrotum as part of Leriche's syndrome. So get a colour doppler study of the aorta and its branches . Treat on the lines of Fournier 's gangrene. Parenteral antibiotics inj Piperacillin 4 gms + tazobactum 500mg ×6 hourly for 5 days . Debridement- adequately to be done.. Supportive treatment

? FOURNIER'S GANGRENE .. NEED'S.. BLOOD..URINE..EXAMINATION.. ANTIBIOTICS AS PER REQUIREMENT.. SURGICAL INTERVENTION..

I agree

View 3 other replies

? Fournier's Gangrene

I agree

View 3 other replies

Fourniers gangrene with septic shock Early debridement Start broad spectrum antibiotic with cover of anaerobic. Hydration Control fever Send culture of wound site Escalate antibiotic as culture sensitivity report Close monitoring Routine lab Abg

Fourniers gangrene, necrotising fasciitis, poly microbial Broad spectrum antibiotics covering gram positive, negative and anaerobic microbes. Underlying DM is to be convincingly ruled out DEBRIDEMENT, main modality

I agree

Fourniers Gangrere. Check for Serology Requires High Antibiotics, Debridment, Continous monitoring

I agree

View 1 other reply

Congratulations! Your case has been selected as Case of the day and you have been awarded 5 points for sharing the case. Keep posting your interesting cases, Happy Curofying!

Fourniers Gangrene, Need Blood & Urine Examination, Surgical debridment & intervention, required broad spectrum antibiotics, shift pt. into ICU check vitals hrly after surgical intervention.

Load more answers

Diseases Related to Discussion