Redness with pain

42yr male c/o pain and irritation of skin. No History of HTN, T2DM and other comorbidity. Discuss about dx and tx. It might be helpful for undergraduate students.

(Edited)

7 Likes

LikeAnswersShare

SUGGESTIVE. OF SKIN ABSCESS.. WITH PUNCTUM POSSIBLY SECONDARY. TO ...... STAPH. INFECTION....

Infected sebaceous cyst with abscess formation Incision and drainage at this excision of cyst is not possible as the whole cyst wall is is very friable chance of remnant of cyst wall leading to recurrence. Antibiotic broad spectrum Dressing regularly Excision of cyst may be planned later on.

Thanks Dr Dinesh Gupta

An infected sebaceous cyst with abscess formation. Incision and drainage of the abscess- if possible- the cyst wall can be removed . Otherwise- cyst removal can be done at a later stage

? SEBACEOUS CYST WITH.. SECONDARY INFECTION.. LEADING TO.. ABSCESS FORMATION.. NEED'S.. I&D .. ANTIBIOTICS WITH NSAIDS AS PER REQUIREMENT..

Inflammatory swelling progressed to abscess Adv incision and drainage Broadspectrum antibiotics like amoxyclav625mg 1bd Antiinflamatory

Thanx dr Dinesh Gupta

Access formed in Sebaceous cyst. I & D with proper aseptic dressing after cyst remover in LA.. Antibiotics & NSAID.

Infected sebaceous cysts Excision and dressings with Megaheal ointment Tab Clavum 625 one bd Tab Algesia sp one bd

Sebaceous cyst..need surgical drainage under broad spectrum antibiotic coverage in LA.

Boils ? Sebaceous Cyst?

Abscess Require I and D

Load more answers

Cases that would interest you