Concluded Case

48/F KCO DM type II PT STOPPED OHA BY HERSELF FOR 3MONTHS, AND THEN DEVELOPED SUCH ERYTHEMATOUS RASH OVER LL NON PRURITIC, PAINLESS I JUST RESTARTED THE OHA AND GAVE TAB LINEZOLID 600 FOR 10 DAYS AND THE RESULTS ACHIEVED BUT DON'T KNOW WHAT IS THE DIAGNOSIS

6 Likes

LikeAnswersShare
Concluded answer

Well demarcated margin and apparently superficial erythematous lesion...... ERYSIPELAS. Causative organism Streptococcus pyogenes.Common in diabetes. DD : Cellulitis (Common in leg). Rx : 1. Any of Amoxycillin, Amoxyclav, Cephalexin, Ceftriaxone, Linezolide etc. 2. Strict control of diabetes.

All Answers

Well demarcated margin and apparently superficial erythematous lesion...... ERYSIPELAS. Causative organism Streptococcus pyogenes.Common in diabetes. DD : Cellulitis (Common in leg). Rx : 1. Any of Amoxycillin, Amoxyclav, Cephalexin, Ceftriaxone, Linezolide etc. 2. Strict control of diabetes.

Valuable opinion

IT'S A CASE OF. ? DIABETIC VASCULOPATHY.. LEADS TO CELLULITIS .. ? ERYSIPELAS..

Thank you doctor

View 1 other reply

Erysipelas

Thank you doctor

Dx Lymphangitis/lymphoedema Vary good approach and results carry on till finally healthy control diabetes with warning not to giveup the treatment in between otherwise limb may have to loose

Valuable opinion

View 1 other reply

NECROBIOSIS LIPOIDICA DIABETICORUM Caused by poor control of DM . Improved because of better control of DM Emollients ,vitamin E

Thank you doctor

Erysipelas / Cellulitis? ?

It may be cellulitis or scofuloderma due to uncontrol dm.

I agree

T.corporis, antifungals orally topically antihistomonics Antioxidants, OHAs to be restarted.

Thank you doctor

POSSIBLY.. DIABETIC ERYSIPELAS... DD N. L. D

Thank you doctor

Erysipelas....due to incontrolled sugars........that got cured with sugar controls plus linospan

I agree
Load more answers