Concluded Case

maxillofacial trauma

48yrs Male with mildly displaced Leforte 1 fracture of face but Covid positive. Patient is clinically stable. Referred to us after 48hrs of trauma. With time and rx, Covid report negative after 10days of trauma. What should be the plan of management? Wait for further 2 weeks before open reduction n fixation Or to operate upfront

4 Likes

LikeAnswersShare
Concluded answer

No need to wait, I think open reduction and fixation can be done - but depending upon the pre- anesthetic check up and fitness for surgery

All Answers

No need to wait, I think open reduction and fixation can be done - but depending upon the pre- anesthetic check up and fitness for surgery

Ok sir...thank you!
0

Better no to go under GA. It's always safe to go for LA. Any how it's 10 days ,so better go for IMF instead ORIF. Post operative recovery for post Covid patients are very unpredictable.

Considering the patients age, possible comorbidities, we can go with IMF rather than ORIF.... If the patient is fit for surgery, then we can go with Surgery

Thank u for the opinion...would.like to know as it is an oral surgery...shouldn't we wait for atleast 14 days after the Covid negative status.?
1

Cases that would interest you