Concluded Case

Soft swelling ,chronic ,acquired ,progressive.

Mr.X .Aged 40 ,came to me for the diabetic screening.He was found to be type 2 DM based GTT. He is advised and put on appropriately by Oral antidiabetic plus diet therapy .He is hard manual labour.So he was put on mild dose of Metformin. On General exam ,there was globular swelling on the back of trunk, measuring 10 cm by 10 cm size .Skin is pinch able ,smooth,soft swelling ,moves well in all direction .Slippery margin .Not attached to deeper tissues .Skin is healthy .It was insidious onset not preceded by any trauma, Swelling is so large ,presenting for the last 10 years. No regional swelling . No pressures effect. No bony erosion. No long nerve involvement .Limbs are free ,both sensory and motor nerves are absolutely normal. No investigation done. Discuss the case.

1 Like

LikeAnswersShare
Concluded answer
This patient is advised to go for excision biopsy ,and he is willing to do so.
All Answers
SUGGESTIVE OF LIPOMA.. DD SEBACEOUS CYST NEEDS. FURTHER. EVALUATION
I agree
It may be case of huge lipoma back supported by slip sign positive. USG /FNAC to confirm X-ray spine to exclude any bonny involvement ( though rare) surgical removal under LA with coverage of antidiabetic.
I agree

View 1 other reply

Lipoma Fibroma Advised Biopsy &HPE for diagnosis Full mass should be taken out by surgery
I agree
IT'S A..CASE OF.. DIABETIC-II ..WITH.. ? LIPOMA .. ? CYSTIC SWELLING.. NEED'S.. * USG STUDY .. * FNAC..HPE.. * SURGICAL INTERVENTION..
Tnx Dr Shivraj Agarwal sir

View 2 other replies

Possiblity of "Lipoma" ?? Liposarcoma. Adv:- FNAC USG for Confirmation.
I agree
Lipoma.confirmation by fnac followed by removal.
I agree
Swelling as defined points it is LIPOMA
I agree

View 3 other replies

A black punctum is seen over swelling.. It must be a sebaceous cyst.. Do Usg local part and manage accordingly
I agree
This patient is advised to go for excision biopsy ,and he is willing to do so.
Cyst dd potts spine abscesses lipoma usg xray CBC esr mt sis fnac HP
Load more answers