Concluded Case

Pain neck and right arm

Hello dear Doctor, My mother, 60 yo, having a h/o controlled Hypothyroidism(on Thyronorm 50), Hypertension (on Arbitel-CT 40 (Telmisartan & Chlorthalidone)) and Metolar XR 50(Metoprolol 50)) has a complaint( for the past 5 years or so) of pain in the neck(relieved little on using neck collar or pillow support) and right arm from shoulder level upto wrist more so on the medial and posterior aspect, which is dull, almost all the time, disturbs sleep too and aggravates while sitting in the car, relieves a little bit on changing arm position for few minutes and then recurs. Orthopedic surgeon diagnosed as Radiculopathy and prescribed medication which didn’t help much. Neck X-ray was normal. Also hips hurt while sleeping. Dexa scan done 3 years back showed Osteoporosis especially of the long bones, cervical spine and Hip bones and hence took Alendronate for almost 8 months and takes Vit D & Calcium regularly. TMT done few months back showed mild ischemic changes (“ECG can be passed as normal” said the Cardiologist). I want to know if this pain is due to osteoporosis and if so how to manage it, or this is Radiculopathy due to some cervical spine problem not diagnosed earlier. Please tell me what you think is the problem and what treatment you would advise. Thank you.

LikeAnswersShare
Concluded answer
This case has already posed. This is the reposting of the case. Minor change in te history regarding pain.Now the history is suggestive of C5-6 radicular pain Rt side. Suggest MRI cervical spine.
All Answers
This case has already posed. This is the reposting of the case. Minor change in te history regarding pain.Now the history is suggestive of C5-6 radicular pain Rt side. Suggest MRI cervical spine.
Thank you doctor
@probably cervical spondylosis ad,cervical ttraction nurokindlsone tab night mri later
Thank you doctor
Suggestive of radicular pain.. Plan mri C spine
Thank you doctor
MRI CERVICAL SPINE
Thank you doctor
MRI cervical spine
Thank you doctor

Cases that would interest you