Concluded Case

DELIVERY IN PROLAPSE

28 Y /F G4P1L1A2 Term Pregnancy, OS 2 cm dilated, Vx came with 3°genital prolapse and labour pain. Give prolapse of same degree in first pregnancy too which she undergone normal vaginal delivery as she states (no past documentation available). My question are.... 1. How was vaginal delivery possible inspite of having complete genital prolapse (in first pregnancy)? 2. How to manage the present pregnancy?

7 Likes

LikeAnswersShare
Concluded answer
Go for cesarean section as she is G4 with 1 live issue .....if she goes in labour u can augment with oxytocin ...... After 6 weeks go for sling operation.......vaginal delivary is very much safe if close monitoring for fetal distress can be done
All Answers
Go for cesarean section as she is G4 with 1 live issue .....if she goes in labour u can augment with oxytocin ...... After 6 weeks go for sling operation.......vaginal delivary is very much safe if close monitoring for fetal distress can be done
Cx dialatation is big issue patients land up with secondary arrest of cx dialatation but due to low placement of cx drussens incision easily facilitate delivery but after good effacement. Can take for lscs if progsress is poor with poorly eefaced cx try to reduce the prolapse and do the packing vahinaly so it will be easy to reach lower seg from above.
- 3rd Degree Vaginal Prolapse is documented in Non-pregnant stage. - You were not the attendant of previous delivery with prolapse - So in present sign it is better to document Cystocele with elongated cervix - wait & watch for fetal distress , progress of labour - no need to be enthusiastic for prolapse It will definitely delivered vaginally.
Go for progress into vaginal delivery. 100%.Only watch for foetal distress.
Vaginal delivery is possible with close monitoring of progress of labor and fetal distress..I also had a patient on my last duty with second degree cystocele..we augmented the Patient nd got her delivered vaginally with a healthy baby..
You can wait and watch for progress of labour. May take time for cervical dilatation but chances of normal delivery remains good. All the best.
Vaginal delivery is possible it took tome in cervical dilatation some times drussens incision also required
Nice case..thanks for posting...yes definitely you can give a trial of labour..and please upload updates
Ma'am I referred her to District hospital. She had undergone vaginal delivery.

View 1 other reply

Vaginal delivery can be done.... but before delivery urinary catheterization is must...
Yes normal vaginal delivery is possible sometimes need drussen incision
No problem go ahead with normal delivery I had one such case
Load more answers