Concluded Case

65 yrs , diabetic /m , c/o swelling on eye for last 4 days. H/o instilling moxifloxacin e/drops prescribed by ophthalmologist. pt was on Rx for sinusitis under physician ( m. d ) . There was headache on same side initially , but no headache or pain in eye is present right now. suggest possibilities & management. Thanks.

1 Like

LikeAnswersShare
Concluded answer
This was a case suspected by physician ( m.d ) to be a case of sinusitis with possibility of mucormycosis. The physician referred the case to me for my opinion. Findings made by me were suggestive of herpes zoster ophthalmicus though ,I had also kept the possibility of orbital cellulitis & mucorycosis in my mind . One finding , very suggestive of herpes zoster was the presence of herpetic vesicles on lid margin. It is my observation in many pts , that vesicles on lid margin r almost always present in cases of herpes zoster ophthalmicus. I advised physician to Rx the pt as having herpes zoster ophthalmicus. Ocular Part was treated by me. Yesterday only, i saw the pt & there is marked improvement following treatment .
All Answers
This was a case suspected by physician ( m.d ) to be a case of sinusitis with possibility of mucormycosis. The physician referred the case to me for my opinion. Findings made by me were suggestive of herpes zoster ophthalmicus though ,I had also kept the possibility of orbital cellulitis & mucorycosis in my mind . One finding , very suggestive of herpes zoster was the presence of herpetic vesicles on lid margin. It is my observation in many pts , that vesicles on lid margin r almost always present in cases of herpes zoster ophthalmicus. I advised physician to Rx the pt as having herpes zoster ophthalmicus. Ocular Part was treated by me. Yesterday only, i saw the pt & there is marked improvement following treatment .
Orbital cellulitis secondary to sinusitis augmentin 625 8 hourly ibubrufen 600 mg 8 hourly inj purezone 1 g 12 hourly( at least 3 days) insulin controlled blood sugar meticulosily follow up daily
Patient has Unilateral Orbital Cellulitis with possibly Meibomitis and I can also see conjunctival Chemosis.Is there any H/O Fever/Discharge/Trauma/Surgery/Allergy?I think we should also do Lacrimal Sac Syringing.Drug History should be carefully taken.I could see something like eruptions at the tip of the Nose and near medial Canthus.
Thank you doctor
IMPENDING ORBITAL CELLULITS SINUSITIS IS A GREAT RISK FOR ORBIAL CELLULITIS DIABETES ANOTHER RISK FACTOR CT ORBITS BLOOD CULTURE ADMIT THE PATIENT AD STRACT I V ANTIBIOTICS MONITER BLOOD SUGAR CONSUT DIABETOLOGST DO NOT ALLOW THE PATIENT TO GO TO ORBITAL ABCESS OR C S THRMBOSIS
Vn is 6/24 in Lt eye. There is no trauma to eye. Eye movements r restricted pupil is semidilated with sluggish reaction to light present. Cornea is slightly hazy.
Sir particularly which movements are restricted?

View 8 other replies

Orbital cellulitis, check for EOM , ct orbit to rule out other causes like idiopathic orbital inflammatory disease Inj ceftriaxone Inj amikacin Inj dexa
Thank you doctor
Orbital cellulitis .get cbc and c t scan. Ink vancomycin and local moxiflxacin.cap iopar sr to lower iop
Thank you doctor
Preseptal cellulitis following sinusitis. D/D Allergic lid oedema with chemosis
Thank you doctor
CT MRI orbit needed Start inj. Ceftriaxone , inj. Amikacin, inj. Dexa,
Thank you doctor
Reactionary edema secondary to the sinusitis...treat the sinusitis....
Thank you doctor
Load more answers

Cases that would interest you