Concluded Case

4years young child presented with these lesions on face and hands since 10 days. Dx and Tt.

14 Likes

LikeAnswersShare
Concluded answer

Non bullous impetigo.The pre existing factor behind it is eczema with poor hygiene.Other dd are herpetic impetigo,tinea,Pemphigus. Treat him with oral antibiotic Amoxycillin 250 mg bd for 10 days. Topical mupirocin 2% tds for 3 to 5 days is also effective. Ask for family history of eczema,hay fever or any other allergic condition.

All Answers

Non bullous impetigo.The pre existing factor behind it is eczema with poor hygiene.Other dd are herpetic impetigo,tinea,Pemphigus. Treat him with oral antibiotic Amoxycillin 250 mg bd for 10 days. Topical mupirocin 2% tds for 3 to 5 days is also effective. Ask for family history of eczema,hay fever or any other allergic condition.

I agree

I managed this case as Impetigo with oral antibiotics & Mupirocin ointment for local application. Now I am posting the pic of child after 3 days of treatment.

Well done doc

IT'S A..CASE OF.. * IMPETIGO.. * ANTIBIOTICS..AMOXYCLAV WITH.. ANTIHISTAMINES AS PER REQUIREMENT..LEVOCETIRIZINE.. * ANALGESICS..SOS.. * TOPICALLY MUPIROCIN..

Impetigo with secondaries syrp Amoxy clav BD Syrp Ibugesic SOS Syrp levocetrizine OD HS syrp polybion OD PC Cream Soframycin local application + Neosprin powder dusting All for one week

this is impetigo due to poor hygiene nd not complete treatment of eczema..so treat wd broad spectrum antibiotics amoxy 250 bd wd topical mupirocin ointment. .

Impetigo Honey color crusts Amoxycyllin 25 mg /kg/day divided 12hy-3-5 days Mupirocin oint tds

impetigo contagiosa oral cephalexin for7days mupirocin ointment saline compresses

Impetigo

can be impetigo but i look like pt has applied something ob lesions

is there any history of application

View 1 other reply

Impetigo. Treatment with amoxycillin/cloxacillin or amoxycillin/clavulanic acid and mupirocin or povidone iodine locally.

Load more answers