4yr/m pt. c/0 :- pain n swelling since 10 day ?? submental abscess H/0 recurrent abcesss plz tel me diagnosis n treatment

4 Likes

LikeAnswersShare

The submental space is a fascial space of the head and neck (sometimes also termed fascial spaces or tissue spaces). It is a potential space located between the mylohyoid muscle superiorly, the platysma muscle inferiorly, under the chin in the midline... Signs and symptoms of a severe submental abscess include a firm swelling below the chin and dysphagia (difficulty swallowing). Treatment is by surgical incision and drainage, with the incision running transversely in a skin crease behind the chin.

It has to drained under G A Search any septa which remains aft drain remove that c for any fistulous track remove Good antibiotic coverage Analgesics orally

Thanx Dr Simmi Ansari

It is sub mental abscess occupying the fascial space of the head neck, a potential space in between mylohyoid muscle above and platysma downward The abscess in this space requires incision transverse along the skin margin and to explore the fascial tissue space to drain the pus under GA. Antibiotic. Amoxiclav syrup 5ml TDS for 7days Tab serratiopeptidase 5 mg tds for 7days Analgesic as per requirement.

Congratulations! Your case has been selected as Case of the day and you have been awarded 5 points for sharing the case. Keep posting your interesting cases, Happy Curofying!

D/d Submental space infection Lymphadenitis Tubercular lymphadenitis. Advice opg, fnac Give supportive treatment to the child Look for any periapical pathalogy if present. Incision and drainage under ga if respiratory obstruction is present. Hospitalization if necessary Antibiotics and analgesics to be started. Also advice chest xray

Submental abscess . Needs I n d . Pus c/s . Appropriate antibiotics . Give the child mupirocin ointment to b applied near both nostrils . R/o underlying immunodeficiency

RECURRING SUB MENTAL. ABSCESS... ADVISABLE... 1. COMPLETE. ORAL. EXAMINATION 2. BLOOD AND. URINE.... C /S 3. CBC. SUGAR. ELECTROLYTES PROTEINS. LFT. RFT 4... X RAY... 5. I. AND. D....

Ludwig angina Submental lymphnode/ salivary gland suppuration Ultrasound exam,aspiration, pus analysis for GRAMS and AFB , I&D Antibiotics

It's a submental abscess I agree with Dr pushker bhomia sir and Dr Hardik Ahuja sir

Yes it is sub submental abscess incision and drainage and dressings, Antibiotic and NASID but must ruled out Cold abscess

Load more answers

Cases that would interest you