Concluded Case

50 years male with sudden onset lower limb oedema

Unilateral lower limb oedema Chief Complaints Unilateral left whole limb oedema- 15 days,duration History 15 days,back - 50 years male development sudden onset left lower limb oedema of whole limb Vitals All vitals are normal Physical Examination Left lower limb swelling uniform- from inguinal region to foot - left inguinal lymph nodes are palpable Investigations Colour doppler study of left lower limb is normal No DVT Left inguinal lymph nodes are seen F.N.A.C of inguinal lymph nodes - report is awaited Diagnosis Needs to be established as F.N.A.C of inguinal lymph nodes is awaited Management Opinions are awaited from experts in curofy

3 Likes

LikeAnswersShare
Concluded answer

It was a difficult case to diagnose- considering sudden onset increasing whole limb oedema in 15 days with no fever, tenderness- ruling out Acute infection or filariasis. Also colour doppler was normal - ruling out DVT Clue to the diagnosis was inguinal lymphadenitis- non - tender F.N.A.C report which came today was surprisingly and it seems the mystery like in a Sherlock Homes Novel just started unfolding F.N.A.C showed - mitotic cells in a foamy background. It means - we are dealing with a malignant disease and such a short history and massive lymphoedema supported it . As now - patient was not in my domain for further treatment- I referred the patient to P.G.I for further evaluation

All Answers

It was a difficult case to diagnose- considering sudden onset increasing whole limb oedema in 15 days with no fever, tenderness- ruling out Acute infection or filariasis. Also colour doppler was normal - ruling out DVT Clue to the diagnosis was inguinal lymphadenitis- non - tender F.N.A.C report which came today was surprisingly and it seems the mystery like in a Sherlock Homes Novel just started unfolding F.N.A.C showed - mitotic cells in a foamy background. It means - we are dealing with a malignant disease and such a short history and massive lymphoedema supported it . As now - patient was not in my domain for further treatment- I referred the patient to P.G.I for further evaluation

Gross left lower limb edema Most likely to be lymphoedema secondary to Inguinal lymphadenopathy ? Filariasis Look for eosinophilia, lymph node biopsy and histopathology USG abdomen/ CT abdomen to look for iliac lymphadenopathy or intraabdominal pathology If eosinophilia present, empirical treatment for filariasis

Thank you doctor

U/L lower limb edema causes 1) DVT 2) Cellulitis 3) Filariasis 4) Malignancy(abdomen /pelvic) USG /CT abdomen, ESR, CBP. Management depends upon the underlying condition.

Thank you doctor

OEDEMA LEFT LOWER LIMB .. ? LYMPH PATHOLOGY.. ? FILARIASIS .. ? MALIGNANCY.. ? POST UNKNOWN BITES ..CELLULITIS..

Tnx Dr Vipin Bihari Jain sir

Lower limb oedema waiting for F. N.A.C report. CBC, CRP BS(F) PP, HbA1c, UREA CREATININE SODIUM POTASSIUM and URINE FOR RE, ME, C&S Test will be done??

Thank you doctor

View 2 other replies

P.Fillarial infestation..??? Poisonous insect bite ?

Thank you doctor

Subcutaneous edema ? Cause CBC esr Filarial serology for the sake of complete evaluation Should we rule out iliac vein occlusion ? Just a hunch.

Thank you doctor

Lymphoedema with inguinal lymphadenopathy Line of treatment after fnac or biopsy report

Thank you doctor

View 1 other reply

POSSIBLY LYMPHOEDEMA WITH LYMPHADINITIS.. POSSIBLY INFECTIVE. ORIGIN DD SECONDARY. TO POISONOUS INSECT. BITES

Thank you doctor

? maligncy, ?if fever,&count increased then insect bite or infection

Thank you doctor
Load more answers