Concluded Case

What is diagnosis and management

50 years old female pt having No History of BP and sugar suffering from chronic constipation .No fever cough and other ailments. General health is normal. She is active and happy.. All the vitals are normal . Having episode of bleeding per anal since 6 month off and pain in back .. Please what is diagnosis and management ?

LikeAnswersShare
Concluded answer

This is rectal Ca , likely metastatic, given the enlargement of external iliac and retroperitoneal LN Needs to be discussed on a tumor board as one has to be sure about the above lymph nodes, and that they are indeed involved with cancer. If these lymph nodes are indeed involved (which looks like the case) then the approach will be palliative chemotherapy vs curative intent therapy if they are not. Refer the patient to see a medical oncologist. If I was a betting man, I would consider this as metastatic (stage 4) rectal cancer

All Answers

Rectosigmoidal mass H/o bleeding p/a Chr constipation Adv colonoscopy and biopsy of mass CA Rectum Further workout to confirm to decide line of mx

Thank you doctor

View 1 other reply

This is rectal Ca , likely metastatic, given the enlargement of external iliac and retroperitoneal LN Needs to be discussed on a tumor board as one has to be sure about the above lymph nodes, and that they are indeed involved with cancer. If these lymph nodes are indeed involved (which looks like the case) then the approach will be palliative chemotherapy vs curative intent therapy if they are not. Refer the patient to see a medical oncologist. If I was a betting man, I would consider this as metastatic (stage 4) rectal cancer

PT might hav ca recto sigmoid region sigmoid scopy n biopsy

Ca Rectum Adv- FDG PET Scan. Colonoscopy with Biopsy for HPE. Rx- Surgical modalities- depending upon the stage and extent of spread of Ca. Lymph node dissection,Chemotherapy & Radiotherapy,Immunotherapy

Case of Carcinoma recto-sigmoid junction with ascites- metastatic Approach would be- CEA , Hb ( bleeding P/R), colonoscopy and biopsy ( if not possible cytopathology of ascitic fluid- this may not be feasible as the volume is minimal), PET CT scan for staging ( if not affordable for PET- cxr-PA, bone scan and USG abdomen & pelvis). Treatment would be palliative chemotherapy followed by assessment for surgery. Please refer this case to medical oncologist.

This is a case of ca rectum Stage 4 because of ascites Now go for CTRT

Diseases Related to Discussion

Constipation
Rectal Cancer

Cases that would interest you