Concluded Case

hand injury

52 years, Non DM, right handed female with history of dog bite (pet dog) to left hand MF. It's Allen's type 3 fingertip injury. Pulp of finger is viable and non injured. Management options with respect to Rabies prophylaxis and injury repair.

LikeAnswersShare
Concluded answer

Dog bite lt middle finger tip, injury Allen' s type 3 fingertip injury with viable pulp space Xray shows fracture tip of the terminal phalanx Wash the wound with running salon lotion Don' t go for tight complete repair with stitchs just afew stitches just to appose the margins As per history dog has not been immunised so inj ARV on day 0 4 7 14 28th day . Antibiotic broad spectrum Analgesic .

All Answers

Wound debridement and thorough wash Primary closure and k wire fixation of phalanx an option Inj TT Inj Tetglob Iv antibiotics including anaerobic coverage I am not an expert on Rabies My suggestion is full prophylaxis Observe the dog for two weeks: It could have been bitten by some stray animal. Unusual for normal pet dogs to inflict such an injury

Ok...understood...wouldn't k wire fixation further hamper the weak small tuft fracture? I mean cant only suturing of the nail bed suffice?

Dog bite lt middle finger tip, injury Allen' s type 3 fingertip injury with viable pulp space Xray shows fracture tip of the terminal phalanx Wash the wound with running salon lotion Don' t go for tight complete repair with stitchs just afew stitches just to appose the margins As per history dog has not been immunised so inj ARV on day 0 4 7 14 28th day . Antibiotic broad spectrum Analgesic .

Thank you doctor

View 3 other replies

Diseases Related to Discussion

Cases that would interest you