55 yrs female,c/o productive cough nausea and rhinitis since 3 months.not responding to bronchodilators no h/o fever.w t loss,non dm non htn. occ wheezing. sputum examination reports awaiting. plz interpret and guide.

5 Likes

LikeAnswersShare

X-ray shows parahilar prominences (irregular) HRCT shows diffuse septal thickening b/l lung fields with groundglassing... Bases are relatively spared My dd is- 1) Chronic Hypersenstivity pneumonitis 2) Subacute HP 3) Subacute form of ILD Do Serum IgE and try to find out any offending allergen responsible.. Do PFT and see the pattern...

Thank you doctor

View 1 other reply

Given xray chest and hrct seems normal study including hemogram except raised esr In my opinion she is simple case of allergic bronchitis and should be added fexofenadine180mg +monteleucast 10mg at bed time with nebulisation with duolin+budecort since cough is productive I would like to give short courses of antibiotics such as Amoxyclav or Azithromycin . Yes if any offender can be traced than it will be better. Otherwise in general i will like to give her inj histaglobe 1cc s/c weekly and tapering in phases.

Thank you doctor

View 3 other replies

Imaging is good...rule out any drug hist like ACE inhibitors for cardiac reason..if chronic rhinitis is there with nausea i wd investigate for sinusitis too..any sinus tenderness and imaging for that...also even if eosinophils are good and in case sputum reports come out to be normal i wd also think for worm infestation i/v/o occ wheeze...

Thank you doctor

Congratulations! Your case has been selected as Case of the day and you have been awarded 5 points for sharing the case. Keep posting your interesting cases, Happy Curofying!

It seems an allergic condition you should use long term antihistamine course with corticosteroid s and a nasal spray CBC (AEC)

bilateral micronodular opacitiea with ground glass opacity; could be early ILD ; do pft if possible with lung volumes and dlco

Eosinophilia ,tropical? Will respond to DEC 100mg tid for 15days.short course of steroid will work magical results.

Thank you doctor

I will treat as as allergic bronchitis. Anihistaminic with inhalator

Agree with Dr Hardik Ahuja.

thnkyou Dr Ashok

View 2 other replies

Copd emphysema cardiomegaly lt basal pneumonitis tapping cbnat 2 decho

Load more answers

Cases that would interest you