Concluded Case

Best management and treatment

56 year old Gentleman Diabetic and Hypertensive with mild hypercholesterolemia is treatment for the same since 16 years .At BP and Sugar normal and Weight 84 kgs having high TSH and taking eltroxin 12.5micromcg daily since 6 months one TSH was one month back now increased .what should be best treatment for TSH and management . Please endocrinology people should answer also like Dr Krishna Sepuri

(Edited)

1 Like

LikeAnswersShare
Concluded answer

56\M..K\C\O: HTN..DM..DYSLIPIDAEMIA. report: sub clinical hypothyroidism. increase the dose of eltroxin still tsh to normal. gradual dosage increment is advised. then repeat tsh..ft3...ft4 after 6 weeks. check bmi. put him under strict diet and exercises. then requirement of levothyroxine drugs will be reduced.

All Answers

56\M..K\C\O: HTN..DM..DYSLIPIDAEMIA. report: sub clinical hypothyroidism. increase the dose of eltroxin still tsh to normal. gradual dosage increment is advised. then repeat tsh..ft3...ft4 after 6 weeks. check bmi. put him under strict diet and exercises. then requirement of levothyroxine drugs will be reduced.

Thank you doctor

View 3 other replies

TSH value is mildly elevated on 12.5 microgm ,you may shift to 25 or 50 micrograms that is enough I am sure.The normal daily requirements in a frankly hypothyroidism case in full blown symptoms is 200 to 300 micrograms as per the age and body wt.

I agree

Increase the dose of thyroxine. Repeat TFT after 3 months.

Thank you doctor

NEED'S TO .. INCREASE DOSE OF THYROXINE.. WITH .. ENDOCRINOLOGIST OPINION..

I agree

View 1 other reply

Put him on 50 mcg od empty stomach of Eltroxin

Thank you doctor

100 microgram ultrasound thyroid

Increase dose of thyroxin to 25 MCG per day

Kachnaar guggula may be the best option sir for yo..

Increasing the dose to 25 mcg could be helpful sir.