UPDATE ON WTD, WORLD THYROID DAY CELEBRATED ON 25TH OF MAY BY ATA, ETA

Dear my friends and fellow Colleagues, Here is an update on WTD, World Thyroid Day, celebrated on every 25th May. I was otherwise busy so there was a delay in posting this update to all our dear Curofians. I may kindly be excused for my belated post. On May 25th the American Thyroid Association (ATA) in cooperation with the European Thyroid Association (ETA), the Asia-Oceania Thyroid Association (AOTA) and the Latin American Thyroid Society (LATS) will make an extraordinary effort to do what we do year-round—focus attention on “the gland” that causes such widespread “dis-ease” like creating awareness amongst the Thyroid Diseases/Disorders to general Public. The Professional Members of ATA (I am a Professional Member of ATA, ETA) take the strings in to their hands in propagating and celebrating World Thyroid Day. “ABOUT WORLD THYROID DAY (Press release from the American Thyroid Association) — In September 2007, ETA, ATA decided to celebrate 25th of May as World Thyroid Day and first WTD was celebrated in 2008. Established in 2008, World Thyroid Day highlights five major goals to: – Increase awareness of thyroid health, – Promote understanding of advances made in treating thyroid diseases, – Emphasize the prevalence of thyroid diseases, – Focus on the urgent need for education and prevention programs, and – Expand awareness of new treatment modalities.” Regards and thanks, Dr Sepuri Krishna Mohan.

3 Likes

LikeAnswersShare
Excellent post sir
Thank you doctor
Very good update beside propagating awareness about thyroid diseases
Thank you doctor

Cases that would interest you