A 6 yr young girl presented with progressive weakness and pain in left leg for 3 months..with shortening of left leg (around 1.5inch compared to right one) Rest history is NAD. h/o fall from height 4 months back but no documented proof is available. CBC, RFT, RA factor, CRP, RBS, CXR, BT, CT, S, calcium, are all normal.. Phosphate is mildly raised.. I m suspecting fibrous dysplasia or salmonella osteomyelitis.. Plz give ur valuable opinions and differential diagnosis..

6 Likes

LikeAnswersShare
Olliers disease,unilateral localised to the left Tibia./enchondromatosis or over growth of the chondrocytes at the ends of the bones./ Treatment for localised disease is excision. Mendelian inheritance disorder.
Valuable opinion
Thanx Dr Vijaya Amera..I thought cases like these are presented by clinicians/orthopedicians/Radiologist/surgeons. I was wrong.Hats off to you to give not just xrays but also some history.And also Hats off to our many colleagues who try to participate in discussions even with their busy professional as well as personal life. Even blind men can see pathology on the given Limb X ray.There are multiple large cystic lesions both proximal and distal ends of long bones at metaphyseal areas.Enchondromatosis.I was inder the impression practioners forget theory.What you dont use...you loose.They remember Not only enchodromatosis...but also Name olliers .Hats off to you guys too. We may not remember all thongs..all the time.It is like immunity..comes out for defence when needed.Enchodromatosis With hemangioma is also an entity.. Muffuci syndrome.Wether these metaphyseal hemangiomas leave behind these bony cysts when they regress..possibility.It is my personal projected hypothesis.That is why hemangiomas in marrow are also called Disappearing tumors of the bone. Spondylochondromas may be another Entity.causing deformity of limbs/spine. I just wanted to spill out one more..similar disease where growths spring out from EPiPHYSIS...Exastosis..growing away from Rpiphysis...causing deformities. Thanks for all your input.
Thanks a lot sir for ur motivating kind words.. Yes sir we are here to share our knowledge,,share our experiences with our collueges and juniors and to learn smthing frm our seniors.
Ollier disease primarily affects the long bones and cartilage of the joints of the arms and legs, specifically the area where the shaft and head of a long bone meet (metaphyses). The pelvis is often involved; and even more rarely, the ribs, breast bone (sternum), and/or skull may also be affected.
Ollier's disease. It is arare nonhereditary sporadic disorder where intraosseous benign cartilaginous tumors (enchondroma) develop close to growth plate cartilage. Prevalence is estimated at around 1 in 100,000.
I agree
Look like post sceptic sequelae Corrective osteotomy Limb lengthening Rule out active infection CT evaluation will help
I agree
Intra osseous benign cartilage growths. Olliers disease.
Valuable opinion
Osteoclastoma Tibia
Sir But its quite difficult to say that its osteoclastoma tibia.. As it is not localized and involving femur too.. It is hving snowflake pattern which is uncommon in clastoma
Osteoclastoma tibia
But its quite difficult to say that its osteoclastoma tibia.. As it is not localized and involving femur too.. It is hving snowflake pattern which is uncommon in clastoma
Olliers disease.
Multifocal Tuberculosis Tibia Lt Tt : Rest of the part (A/K pop slab) ATT (three drug regime Rif Iso Eth). NSAIDS for 1 week Elevation of limb&active toe movements Review after 6 weeks. Rifampicin to be stopped and rest two drugs continue till completion of one year. Followup checked clinicoradiologically at interval of 02 months.
Thank you doctor
Load more answers

Cases that would interest you