A CASE OF SHINGLES/HERPES ZOSTER A patient named PS, 85 YEAR/M presented with redness, inflammation and numbness on the left side of his trunk. As he is an elderly patient, i couldn't meet him in person so diagnosed him on the basis of the photographes sent to me by his family and signs & symptoms narrated by them. DIANOSIS OF THE CASES SHINGLES/HERPES ZOSTER Shingles is an infection caused by the varicella-zoster virus, which is the same virus that causes chickenpox. Even after the chickenpox infection is over, the virus may live in your nervous system for years before reactivating as shingles. Shingles may also be referred to as herpes zoster. This type of viral infection is characterized by a red skin rash that can cause pain and burning. Shingles usually appears as a stripe of blisters on one side of the body, typically on the torso, neck, or face. SYMPTOMS The first symptoms of shingles are usually pain and burning. The pain is usually on one side of the body and occurs in small patches. A red rash typically follows. Rash characteristics include: red patches fluid-filled blisters that break easily a rash that wraps around from the spine to the torso a rash on the face and ears itching Some people experience symptoms beyond pain and rash with shingles. These symptoms may include: a fever chills a headache fatigue muscle weakness COMPLICATIONS loss of eye sight or hearing on the affected side. Ramsay Hunt Syndrome. Brain Damage. PEOPLE AT RISK Shingles can occur in anyone who has had chickenpox. However, certain factors put people at risk for developing shingles. Risk factors include: being 60 or older having diseases that weaken the immune system, such as HIV, AIDS, or cancer having had chemotherapy or radiation treatment taking drugs that weaken the immune system, such as steroids or medications given after an organ transplant. Shingles is particularly prevalent in older adults and is most common in those who are between 60 and 80 years old. TREATMENT I explained all the symptoms and risk factors and management plan to the family members prior to the prescription and even advised them that they might require strong pain killers and an anti viral course by the general physician if the complications occur. They had a full faith in Homoeopathy. I prescribed homoeopathic remedy VARIOLINUM on 19/8/2016. To my utmost surprise, this has been the MOST successful and beautifully managed case I have ever treated solely by homoeopathy. Throughout the treatment, the patient DIDN'T develope any of the extremely painful symptoms of the herpes. He exhibited all the stages of the disease but each stage was without the extreme burning, excrusiating pains, numbness and other symtoms. He didn't even develope any symptoms of post herpetic neuralgia/5th stage. The patient was absolutely fine on 9/9/2016. I am thankful to the patient and his family for showing trust in Homoeopathy and in me and for keeping me updated with these pictures. These pictures are arranged stage wise. From stage 1 to stage 5 of herpes.

8 Likes

LikeAnswersShare
Thank you Dr Preeti for successfully curing your patient in short time. I have to add here that Singles or Herpes ZOSTER is also a kind of pox. I'm villages it is called 'Abhi Mata' due to extreme burning which is prolonged for month and year even after cure. Burning was absent in this case. Detailed symptom is appreciated Selected remedy was mostly appropriate.
Dilution Apis 30 bd for 3 days Mother tinture Calendula q for local application
variolinum in which potency and how much doses
Variolinum 200/ 2 doses

View 2 other replies

Congrats Dr.Preeti for your deep knowledge..
Thankyou sir for your kind words.
Well done doctor n congrats
Thankyou sir :)

View 1 other reply

Congrats madam
Thankyou sir
herpes zooster
very good.
Rhustox

Cases that would interest you