Concluded Case

A case of Back Pain after fall

New case 69 yr,F ,Known Hypertensive ,DM,DLP, admitted with history of fall 2 days ago ,slipped and fell down ,followed by severe pain in the back with difficulty to get up and walk due to pain. On lying down position she is able to move the legs.Intact bowel and bladder functions. On exam vitals stable . Gr 4/ 5 power in the lower limbs( due to pain she is not properly exerting power) . DTRs hypoactive in the lower limbs with mild dulling of sensation below the knees in the distribution of PPN.Intact sacral sensations. Pt is under the spinal surgeon ,surgery done. Better. Diagnosis & Management.

LikeAnswersShare
Concluded answer
Thanks for all answeres.Dr Riju req post op xrays ,and I have already posted the same. Radiology report: Burst # of L1 body of vertebra with altered marrow signals in T2W and STIR images . * Retropulsion of the fractured fragment posteriorly in to the spinal canal with mild compression causing narrowing of spinal canal at this level. Veretibroplasty with fixation done by the spinal surgeon. pt is better ,discharged .
All Answers
#L1 with spinal compression Needs spinal fixation
Valuable opinion
# T8 SPINE
Thank you doctor
Thanks for all answeres.Dr Riju req post op xrays ,and I have already posted the same. Radiology report: Burst # of L1 body of vertebra with altered marrow signals in T2W and STIR images . * Retropulsion of the fractured fragment posteriorly in to the spinal canal with mild compression causing narrowing of spinal canal at this level. Veretibroplasty with fixation done by the spinal surgeon. pt is better ,discharged .
Please post xrays done post op if available
I am posting the post surgical X Ray's as per your request.Kindly go through

Cases that would interest you