UPDATE ON THE GASTRO INTESTINAL SYMPTOMS IN COVID 19, INCIDENCE IS 20%

Dear my friends and fellow Colleagues, Here is an update on GI symptoms in COVID19. More than 20% of patients with COVID-19 present with GI symptoms especially diarrhoea. 3% patients have only GI symptoms & no respiratory symptoms. Patients with GI symptoms may have elevated SGPT. It takes longer time from onset of symptoms to hospital admission. These patients may have Increased risk of severe COVID infection, More need for Ventilation & More risk of death. Excerpts from American Journal Gastro, & Lancet Gastro, April, 2020. Regards and thanks, Dr Sepuri Krishna Mohan.

8 Likes

LikeAnswersShare
Useful updates
Thank you doctor
Thanks Dr Krishna Mohan for the latest update on COVID 19 . As reported in this update , more than 20 % of patients present with G. I symptoms especially diarrhea and 3% have only G.I symptoms and these patients at more risk of developing severe disease Also another important aspect according to Wuhan study is that among patients with confirmed positive nucleic acid in respiratory tract, about 50 - 60 % of patients have detected viral nucleic acid in faeces and 30 - 40 % in the blood samples with quite low positivity in urine samples. Thanks
Valuable opinion
Informative, Thanks sir
Thank you doctor

Cases that would interest you