A female patient 45 year old came with history of unable to opening her mouth since 8 days she can only takes liquids and small pieces of meal and semisolid meal with small spoon There is history of neck pain and bilateral jaw pain and unable to move TM joint No any tenderness or swelling locally Blood tests all normal X-rays done as follows please comment and give expert options regarding tm joint and best possible management Thanks

5 Likes

LikeAnswersShare
SUGGESTIVE OF.. ....... TRISMUS..... And.... JUGULODIGASTRIC LYMPHADENITIS INCLUDING... OMOHYOID.....L. N......,??? T. M. J.....ANKYLOSIS....,??... ADVISABLE..... 1. OPG..../. CT. SCAN 2. SURGERY...
Advised for CT scan and OPG to get a clear image of the TMJ.Also take history of any previous injury or trauma.. Trismus can be due to any oro-pharyngeal space infection, TMJ ankylosis..
Jugulodiagastric Lymph OMA,JD Lymphadenitis Bi manual palpation to done ,if required USGraphy may need EXICION under G A by ENT and Head and Neck Surgeon
I agree
Get a CT done.trismus occurs in Lateral pharyngeal space infection..if so start with antibiotic prophylaxis and necessary I&D in association with ent
Thank you doctor

View 1 other reply

Any recent history of injury??? Tetanus??? Tmj ankylosis???
Tmj views or ct scan can help
Thank you doctor
Better to get an opg...tmj shall be clear .....is there absolutely no movement of the jaws ??any old history of fall ....trauma ......could be tmj ankylosis also....
RT. Peritonitis Abscess Maybe advised TONSILLECTOMY After a course of Respiratory Antibiotics.
Thank you doctor
TM joint subluxation . Reduction by manipulation. Investigate _ To rule out thematic arthritis.
Examine PT,s TM joint ,R//O pysitric cause , examine 5th cranial nerve and its branches I
Load more answers

Cases that would interest you