Concluded Case

TINEA UNGUIUM & MANUUM

48 M T2 DM DIABETIC GASTROPARESIS ( VOMITING + ANOREXIA ) CAME FOR CONSULTATION PL EXAMINE HIS HANDS HIS NAILS & HANDS

3 Likes

LikeAnswersShare
Concluded answer
Dr. Samir, The entire finger nailplate is thickened and dystrophic and associated with nail infection...paronychia... In my impression is CANDIDAL ONYCHOMYCOSIS.... Cap itraconazole 200 mg for 7 days Ciclopirox oleate paint on nails daily Sharpening of the thicken part of the nail Tab fluconazole 150 mg weekly once for 8 weeks... Sharpening and trimming of nails every week....
All Answers
Dr. Samir, The entire finger nailplate is thickened and dystrophic and associated with nail infection...paronychia... In my impression is CANDIDAL ONYCHOMYCOSIS.... Cap itraconazole 200 mg for 7 days Ciclopirox oleate paint on nails daily Sharpening of the thicken part of the nail Tab fluconazole 150 mg weekly once for 8 weeks... Sharpening and trimming of nails every week....
Onychomycosis. Needs tight glycemic control. Evaluate for intolerance of OHA like metformin. Consider prokinetics. Ofcourse antifungals as per dermatologist's guidance.
Onychomycosis ( fungal infection of nails) Tab. Terbinafine 250 mg for 3 months Ciclopirox nail lacquer at night application
I agree
SUGGESTIVE of ONYCHOLYSIS SECONDARY. TO ONYCHOMYCOSIS TINEA / FUNGAL INFECTION...
T.manum.with onychomycosis. In my opinion terbinafine is the best option. Itraconazole may cause gastritis.cyclopirox olamine nail Lacquer for nails and amoralfin cream for palmer area and dorsum of hand.
Fungal Onychomycosis. A nail fungus causing thickened, brittle, crumbly or ragged nails. Usually, the problems caused by this condition are cosmetic.
Onychomycosis DD 20 Nail dystrophy syndrome
TINEA UNGUIUM & TINEA MANUUM
Onechomaycosis
Thank you doctor
@onychomycosis