Concluded Case

Recurrent abortion

a patient came to me complaint of 3 abortions in last 2 years,, now she conceive again,, i am planning to give her progesterone 200mg OD for 2 months and follic acid,, is it ok or i should prescribe something else to carryon pregnancy??

1 Like

LikeAnswersShare
Concluded answer
All the investigations on the line of habitual abortion to be done includes vdrl,hiv, Torch test, ultrasound and treat as per reports .Thyroid profile also check. Keep her on complete bed rest , folic acid must, Tab isoxsuprin ( duvadilan) 1tds.
All Answers
Go for all investigation s. Work out for recurrent abortion s Supplement Folic acid & progesterone for atleast 22 wks Inj HCG 5000units ×15 days Rest Os tightening if incompetence Regular usg & anomaly scan Abstinence. Explain the chances of abortion if torch inf IGM +be Pulse therapy if Toxoplasma +ve Proper immunization High protein, calcium &iron rich food.
Valuable opinion

View 2 other replies

All the investigations on the line of habitual abortion to be done includes vdrl,hiv, Torch test, ultrasound and treat as per reports .Thyroid profile also check. Keep her on complete bed rest , folic acid must, Tab isoxsuprin ( duvadilan) 1tds.
Thank you doctor

View 4 other replies

First take her detailed medical , personal and family history All routine investigation like ABO Rh , CBC , viral marker , Torch profile , thyroid profile , scan Give her progesterone 200mg BD , folic acid , Ecosprin . Avoid stress and heavy work
Thank you doctor
Do Torch Vdrl Thyroid Hib Hib All blood investigation Start tb strone 200 Tb ecospirine Folic acid Multivita Inj HUcoog5000 u wekeely upto 1st trimister
Thank you doctor
Good opinion Dr. Vipin Bihari Jain Sir. I agree with you sir.
Low dose aspirin if ACA +ve
Add APLA profile to above mentioned list of investigations.Drs please discuss is TORCH test significant in recurrent abortions?
Yes few viruses are
First u should take detailed history.... abortion at what gestetional age?? Type of abortion? Were they missed abortion?
Valuable opinion

Cases that would interest you