38 YEAR FEMALE KNOW CASE OF HYPOTHYROIDISM. IN OCTOBER 2019 TSH IS 8.27 , DOSE OF LEVOTHYROXINE

LikeAnswersShare
Thanks for tagging me Dr Rajeev Gupta. There is ambiguity in your case. You have given the reading of TSH 8.27 in October 2019. Is she taking Levothyroxine before this reading or not? What are the latest readings of SerumFree T3, T 4, and TSH and Anti Tpo antibodies? Rule out autoimmune Hashimotos thyroiditis. Did you start the treatment or not? Was there any symptoms of Hypothyroidism like Weight gain Irregular menstrual periods Hair loss Hoarseness of voice Intolerance to cold Dry skin Constipation etc. Without symptoms we can wait and repeat TFT and monitor TSH frequently. If TSH is more than 10 or Patient has heart disease or risk of atherosclerosis or with elevated levels of anti Tpo antibodies, treatment should be initiated.
Known case of Hypothyroidism since when & what is the dose of Levothyroxine she is on prior to the test in Oct'2019? Whether she has taken Levothyroxine on the day of testing or not? What are the reports of FBS, Lipid Profile, antiTPO Ab , FT3 and FT4? What is her weight & BP? What are the symptoms now? Before deciding the dose we have to look into so many things & then only the medicines can be advised. It is not like a spot question to be answered with less data. Hope you can provide the data to get the information.
Continue 75 mcg dose. As my daughter Dr.Tirumala texted Pl go gor Anti TPO to rule oit Hashimoto thyroditis..
Thank you Papa, Pranams Papa
Continue the same dose 75 mcg of Levothyroxine as TSH 3.93 is maintained well .
THANKS
38 YEAR FEMALE HYPOTHYROIDISM PATIENT IN OCTOBER 2019 TSH IS 8.27 LEVOTHYROXINE DOSE IS 75 MCG, NOW TSH IS 3.93 PLEASE TELL ME EXACT DOSE OF LEVOTHYROXINE IS 50 MCG OR NOT?
NEEDS .. CLINICOPATHOLOGICAL EVALUATION ..EXPERTS OPINION BETTER TO TAKE.. ENDOCRINOLOGIST OPINION
1.6 microgram/kg/day

Cases that would interest you