Concluded Case

Styrene Toxicity

4 Likes

LikeAnswersShare
Concluded answer
In Vishakhapattnam patients presented with acute symptoms as route of entry is through inhalation of volatile styrene Patient presented with mucous membrane irritation, eye irritation, G.I effects particularly vomitings , metallic taste , drowsiness, vertigo, muscular weakness. Deaths were mainly due to CNS Toxicity and respiratory distress . Those who survive may develop chronic effects like Malignancy- as it is carcinogenic , lymphoproliferative - leukemia and lymphoma Pancreatic tumors Esophageal tumors Reproductive effects like azoospermia , increased spontaneous abortions, infertility Hearing loss Dermatitis and blistered skin CNS effects like change in color vision, feeling drunk, headache, impaired learning, depression etc
All Answers
Absolutely man made tragedy remaining me of bhopal gas tragedy despite of all efforts we never pin down any owner for prosecution rather govt said it is a costly trial therefore govt dropped case. People's life is to cheap too count . Comprehensive post .pl elobrate further and some more thoughts of your knowledge may extremely be useful under present completely unfavourable circumstances we are facing of our life. I had witnessed the same during fire tragedy at dabwali ,some hundred children's,parents and staff members were charred and thousands of causalities we had to face for few days and nights . During sleep sometimes I had to spent night without sleep due to that incidence even after 25 yrs has already elapsed. God bless departed souls and I wish speedy recovery of ill in today's incident.
Thank you doctor

View 1 other reply

In Vishakhapattnam patients presented with acute symptoms as route of entry is through inhalation of volatile styrene Patient presented with mucous membrane irritation, eye irritation, G.I effects particularly vomitings , metallic taste , drowsiness, vertigo, muscular weakness. Deaths were mainly due to CNS Toxicity and respiratory distress . Those who survive may develop chronic effects like Malignancy- as it is carcinogenic , lymphoproliferative - leukemia and lymphoma Pancreatic tumors Esophageal tumors Reproductive effects like azoospermia , increased spontaneous abortions, infertility Hearing loss Dermatitis and blistered skin CNS effects like change in color vision, feeling drunk, headache, impaired learning, depression etc
Thanks. A complete guide. Please let us have management.

View 4 other replies

Absolutely styrene tragedy reminds Bhopal gas leakage episode Sir post leakage effects are going to last longer period Rightly you elaborated it is neurotoxic and affecting all systems and organs of body
Thank you doctor

View 3 other replies

Really pathetic situation no one knows what to do

Cases that would interest you