Concluded Case

what could be right treatment choice?

A 24yr female pt came to our clinic she had a past dental history she undergone ortho treatment after completion of her treatment she didn't go for a fixed retainer instead she went for removable now she came with complaint of mild spacing in 11 and 21.what could be the suitable treatment option whether I should go for removable hawles applicance or should I go for someother fixed orthodontic treatment !?.(Note:she did not want me to go for a COMPOSITE BUILDUP).

3 Likes

LikeAnswersShare
Concluded answer

Even composite is not going to help you as the space may increase in future, only solution is fixed retainer for diastema closure as gingival transseptal fibres rebound and comes back to original position once braces or retainer being removed. Thanks

All Answers

If she doesn't want composite build up than tell her to go for orthodontic treatment again. And after treatment instead of removable hawleys go for permanent fixed retainer

Thank you doctor

Even composite is not going to help you as the space may increase in future, only solution is fixed retainer for diastema closure as gingival transseptal fibres rebound and comes back to original position once braces or retainer being removed. Thanks

Thank you doctor

Check the OPG of the patient. If the occlusion is correct otherwise clinically and radiographically and there is no impinging on the roots of the central incisors, you can go for Split Labial bow Hawley as the gap is small. if the patient wants, ceramic veneer is also a good option. having said that, I believe an orthodontist is the best person to opine on this case!

Give Hawley's appliance for few days when space is reduce place a fixed retainer..

In my opinion, Ask pt to go for removable retainer with activation for 6 months for mild spacing and after closure we can give fixed permanent retainer from canine to canine

Thank you doctor

It’s better with fixed retainer because the space may tend to increase.

Thanks

Composite build up better treatment plan Otherwise go for orthodontic permanent retainer

Thank you doctor

@Dr. Adhithya B

First see the OPG for root condition, if there is no root resorption then u can go for removable

Use a Simple Diastema closure kit.

Load more answers

Diseases Related to Discussion

Root Resorption

Cases that would interest you